Swagger's Chance: Will he fail again, or this time he will become a true star?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PSachkovsky

The Artiste
Reaction score
Seeing that Swagger won the Elimination Chamber match, he will surely be a top contender on SmackDown. I already see him win the World Heavyweight Championship.

My questions is: Will he fail once again (as he failed the last time he was given a chance), or will he surprise us all and have a great run?

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
He's not charismatic and sucks on the mic, so I doubt he'll ever be great, but he might have a solid reign, especially if Zeb does the talking for him.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I actually like his new theme music (probably because it reminds me of music from Megaman Legends 2, which brings back a rush of good memories) and his manager Zeb Colter or whoever, but he's still no better on the mic than he was before and he just doesn't look like a main event player to me. Yeah, he's good in the ring but that only promises him a pretty good spot in the mid-card. I have no problem seeing him there.

They picked just about the worst possible contender for the WHC from that chamber match.

Cereal

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
How would he fall unless hes clumsy or some shit

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
He really didn't fail last time, he was over albeit unintentionally. The boy got heat but was dropped badly be the company.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I just don't see Swagger as a top guy. It's way too soon to re-push him back into the WHC scene for me. He could have gone through other Mexicans before the inevitable feud with ADR.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
He is in a position he fits well into at the moment. He has the physique and ring skills to work top matches so having him challenge for titles and being a reasonably sized obstacle for faces is good.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
PSachkovsky said:
Seeing that Swagger won the Elimination Chamber match, he will surely be a top contender on SmackDown. I already see him win the World Heavyweight Championship.

My questions is: Will he fail once again (as he failed the last time he was given a chance), or will he surprise us all and have a great run?

Well he has a good gimmick that gets heat and he is more intense in the ring plus he has someone else talking for him.
Swagger has the size,skills and look imo if you can determine what the look is as it means other thing to other people.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Well, I don't think he'll flop as hard as he did last time, but I don't think this will make him a main event fixture. Don't think he'll drop below the Upper Midcard for a while, but that's it.

CrayJ Lee

Champion
Reaction score
Website
bewitchingbennett.tumblr.com
He has an interesting and controversial gimmick right now about what it means to be a "true American". I think this could make a great rivalry with ADR. I could see him winning the World Heavyweight Championship at Wrestlemania and I'm sure they'll make a nice rivalry between him and ADR in the meantime.

GeeTeaIye

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I like his character and like the whole zeb thing going on.
He still is awesome in the ring.

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
Personally I think he won't succeed much, mainly because he needs Zeb to talk for him.