Swag & Zeb makes teaparty rage

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Fox News did a segment today focusing on Zeb Colter and Jack Swagger saying it's mocking the tea party (since apparently that was the flag that that duo were standing in front of last night on their YouTube video). They, and other conservative outlets, noted that they also had the Tea Party slogan "Don't Tread On Me" on Zeb's podium last night.

This led to WWE's Brian Flinn issuing the following statement to The Hollywood Reporter:

"WWE has a long history of creating fictional characters that serve as either protagonists or antagonists, no different than other television shows or feature films. To create compelling and relevant content for our audience, it is important to incorporate current events into our storylines. WWE is creating drama centered on a topical subject that has varying points of view to develop a rivalry between two characters. This storyline in no way represents WWE’s political point of view. One should not confuse WWE’s storytelling with what WWE stands for, similar to other entertainment companies such as Warner Bros., Universal Studios or Viacom.

To me, the big irony in all of this is that Vince McMahon and his wife are on the record as being conservative Republicans.

Glorious. :obama:

source

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I knew something with Swagger and Colter was going to get complaints sooner or later.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter are doing their job which is to draw heat. It seems like they're doing their jobs correctly.