Svchost.exe........

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
I've been trying to do this for so long. How the hell do I get the svchost.exe files on my task manager to STOP eating up so much space. It's really bad now. I've tried searching for ways to fix it and none of the ways I have tried made sense or worked.

the dark knight

last time that piece of shit was eating my up my memory and processor it was a virus, had to reformat and install a fresh plain copy of windows :/

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
I know thats what I thought too. But I read into it, theres a virus called SCVhost.exe and then theres also programs on your computer that start to eat up a lot of memory and thats SVChost.exe. Im thinkin of just saving all my good stuff and rebooting everything anyway I guess.

Wrestling Station

use Zone Alarm Security Suite. It will prohibit any effect from that file. (acts like a coat around it sort to speak).

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
from microsoft support:
The Svchost.exe file is located in the %SystemRoot%\System32 folder. At startup, Svchost.exe checks the services part of the registry to construct a list of services that it must load. Multiple instances of Svchost.exe can run at the same time. Each Svchost.exe session can contain a grouping of services. Therefore, separate services can run, depending on how and where Svchost.exe is started. This grouping of services allows for better control and easier debugging.

Svchost.exe groups are identified in the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Svchost
Each value under this key represents a separate Svchost group and appears as a separate instance when you are viewing active processes. Each value is a REG_MULTI_SZ value and contains the services that run under that Svchost group. Each Svchost group can contain one or more service names that are extracted from the following registry key, whose Parameters key contains a ServiceDLL value:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Service
To view the list of services that are running in Svchost:

1. Click Start on the Windows taskbar, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type CMD, and then press ENTER.
3. Type Tasklist /SVC, and then press ENTER.

I generally have 6-8 svchost running, and they don't kill my memory. From what I read from forums, svchost itself is definitely not a virus, but many viruses use it to spread.