Suspended UFC Fighter Chael Sonnen Speaks

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
gyi0061257592.jpg
Last week, the California State Athletic Commission upheld its indefinite suspension of Chael Sonnen by a 4-1 vote. The embattled middleweight told the CSAC that a failure to be licensed would essentially force his retirement and that the UFC wanted him to coach The Ultimate Fighter opposite Michael Bisping.

Over the weekend he gave his first post-hearing interview to Gal's Guide to MMA:

Friday was a first for us at Gals Guide, as we got a thank you email from Chael Sonnen for his Pantydropper of the Week mention. While we have been thanked by honorees in the past, this is our first thank you from someone who earned a 1. (Perhaps he thought we were working on a backwards scale?)

Feeling emboldened by Chael's email, we decided to throw the dice and ask him if he'd answer our "silly little questions". Never one to turn down a chance to talk about himself, he said yes. Love him or hate him, it's impossible to read the answers to these questions and not realize that Chael Sonnen knows EXACTLY how to cultivate his persona and push people's buttons. He's gotta be one of the savviest men in MMA, and, while I'm still not a fan, I've got to admit that he's damn entertaining.

Here's a taste of 20 Questions With Chael Sonnen:

12. Which actor would you want to play you in a movie about your life?

Charles Dutton

13. What would the title of that movie be?

"Inherit the Wind"
18. You just won $50 million in the lottery. What's the first thing you buy?

I would buy the website you work for and make you the Janitor for a week, then fire you.

It's kind of like Hannibal Lector and Jody Foster ain't it?