Survivor Series Headliner Reportedly Violated WWE's Drug Policy

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Evan Bourne's suspension for his first violation of WWE's Talent Wellness Program has generated a great deal of controversy amongst talent as some feel a double standard is in place.

Bourne, who's real name is Matthew Korklan, was suspended for thirty days on November 1, 2011 after testing positive for Spice, a synthetic marijuana brand. Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer reports Bourne and another wrestler higher up the card smoked the marijuana substitute drug at a party, yet he was the only one of the two to be suspended. The other wrestler was told he had failed for marijuana, which results in a $2,500 fine, as opposed to a thirty-day suspension for synthetic marijuana.

According to the Wrestling Globe Newsletter, the wrestler in question is a participant in tonight's Survivor Series match featuring John Cena and The Rock against R-Truth and The Miz.

This has led to questions about whether WWE's drug testing procedure is flawed or whether talent are treated differently depending on their status in the organization.

This would not be the first time in which WWE reprieved a top-level talent who had violated their Talent Wellness Program. On August 30, 2007, Sports Illustrated named Randy Orton as one of fourteen contracted and former WWE performers to have purchased pharmaceuticals from an online pharmacy (Signature Pharamacy), a violation of the Talent Wellness Program. Specifically, Orton received somatropin, nandrolone, stanozolol between September 2004 and February 2007, which occurred after the "no drugs from online sources" rule was instituted. However, Orton was the lone contracted performer not to be suspended by WWE. Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer reported that WWE did not suspend Orton because he had already been suspended for a drug policy violation in August 2006, resulting in double jeopardy. The ruling, however, appeared nonsensical since Orton continued to receive pharmaceuticals following the suspension. WWE attorney Jerry McDevitt claimed last year in a letter to Irv Muchnick that "no action was taken against Randy Orton because he was not on any customer list for Signature Pharmacy ever provided to us by District Attorney Soares."
I think without a doubt that the system is flawed and you're more likely to be let off if you're a higher up. Will be interesting to see if any clues are given in tonights match.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I would imagine the other person would be Truth. I don't believe Cena would smoke marijuana & I can't see Miz either. So that leaves Truth, if what Meltzer is saying is true.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Truth is a smoker so yeah it's def him if the violation is cause of the same stuff Bourne smoked. Not like Truth and Miz are gonna win anyways more than likely so won't be like he'll get punished via losing cause him and Miz were gonna win or something.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Well regardless if it were Cena or The Rock nothing would be done. The Miz may get suspended truth is though with a higher wrestler on the card already booked for the main event I'd have waited till after also.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Survivor Series headliner?

Deuce

Reaction score
R-truth is definitely the one smoking the gonja, Miz and Cena most likely would not do that.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Is it because he's black? :p

More like because he used to sell the stuff and got locked up for it, lol. Bet he gave Bourne the synthetic ahit, smoked a real blunt, and said I got a lil jimmy :p

jax_the_ax

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
vader
Why are we overlooking The Rock?

jax_the_ax

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
vader
Rock hate's having fun?

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
But a party with WWE guys? You'd think he'd be partying with hollywood stars. And if he was partying with WWE guys, I couldn't see him partying with a lower card guy like Evan Bourne.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker