Strikeforce star, Cung Le, tells Fight Hype he wants to fight in the UFC, and more sp

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
CungLe_crop_340x234.jpg
Strikeforce star, Cung Le, tells Fight Hype he wants to fight in the UFC, and more specifically, on the UFC 138 card in his hometown of San Jose, perhaps against Chris Leben:

PC: What's your current situation as far as your Strikeforce/Showtime deal? Could the UFC sign you to fight right now?
CL: I definitely have a different contract than the other fighters. Right now, it's all up to the UFC. There may be some roadblocks with the Showtime deal and the Showtime side of things, but we will see what happens.

PC: When would you like something to be ironed out and possibly fight again?
CL: Ever since I heard that Cain [Velasquez] was going to be fighting in San Jose. I would love to be on the same card

PC: At one point, there was a poll done and a lot of people wanted to see Cung Le vs. Anderson Silva. Not only is there Anderson now, but a lot of guys have emerged in the 185-pound division as contenders, such as Brian Stann, Mark Munoz, Chris Leben and Chael Sonnen. Would you be interested in any of those names? Are those the type of fights you're looking to make?
CL: You know, on Yahoo! Sports, there is a Cung Le vs. Leben thread if there was a cross promotion. Like I said, if the fans think it is an exciting fight for them to watch, I'm all for it.