Strikeforce: Overeem vs. Werdum Video: KJ Noons Uncaged Episode 1

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
On June 18, Strikeforce: Overeem vs. Werdum will continue the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix. In addition to those tournament bouts, the rest of the card features some excellent fights, including former EliteXC champion K.J. Noons vs. Jorge Masvidal. Their fight headlines the HDNet Live Prelims. As Noons prepares for the fight, he's taking part in a 5 part video series titled "KJ Noons: Uncaged." Here's part 1:

Very slick, well done video here, and my hat is off to the production team. This episode is mostly just an introduction, but things get interesting when they discuss Noons's October loss to Nick Diaz. That was a close fight, which Noons says he doesn't consider a loss. I'm not normally much of a fan of this mentality - if you don't think you lost, then how can you improve the mistakes that led to you being defeated? - but he does add in that he's been working on some specifics based on that fight, so I'll hold off my judgment on it for now.

As for the Masvidal fight, the focus from the Noons camp will, not surprisingly, be on boxing. Here's the strategy, as outlined by trainer Kimo Rigmaiden:

The game plan is simple:
Rule #1 - Keep your hands up.
Rule #2 - Don't forget rule #1.
And Rule #3 - Whoop that ass.

Fair enough. Now let's see if it works.