Strikeforce Heavyweight Tournament Odds Updated, Alistair Overeem Is the Favorite

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
GYI0063321634.jpg
Despite a lackluster performance against Fabricio Werdum, Alistair Overeem remains the betting favorite to win the Strikeforce World Heavyweight Grand Prix tournament. Bookmaker currently has Overeem at +140. Full odds:

The percentages in parentheses represent the breakeven rate, or how often your horse would need to come in for the bet to be profitable. You'll notice that those numbers add up to more than 100%. The extra bit is the juice, and it's heavy, which is typical for these sorts of props.

Without the vig, odds to win the tournament look like this:

• Alistair Overeem 33%
  • Josh Barnett 29%
  • Antonio Silva 18.5%
  • Sergei Kharitonov 15.75%
  • Field 3.75%
If there's any value here, I think it's on Antonio Silva. He's had some bizarre performances in the past -- the first round against Mike Kyle and his split decision win over Ricco Rodriguez, but I think his size and skill set present an interesting problem to the rest of the remaining field.

SBN coverage of Strikeforce: Overeem vs. Werdum