Strikeforce Fedor vs. Henderson: Miesha Tate Discusses Title Fight, Women's MMA, More

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
Strikeforce bantamweight Miesha Tate sat down with Bloody Elbow Radio on Thursday evening to discuss multiple topics with host Matt Bishop at the Chicago Marriott Northwest in Hoffman Estates, Ill. The No. 1 contender for the Strikeforce women's bantamweight championship, Tate discussed rehabilitating her knee in preparation for her "Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Henderson" title fight with Marloes Coenen tonight, that fight and how she plans to avoid Coenen's submissions and more.

She also talked about her two losses have made her a better fighter.

"I think my losses have done me way more good than my wins have. My losses are definitely what made me the fighter I am today because they teach you a lot about yourself. Winning is easy, losing is hard, but you learn a lot when you lose. If you have the right attitude about it, you can walk away and say, 'OK, now I know where I was weak and I can strenghten that.' If you win, you're learning what you already know you're good at, so when you lose, it's a true testament of how you can become a better fighter, so it helps you learn a lot about yourself."

We also spoke with Strikeforce lightweight Gesias Cavalcante in person and HDNet's Michael Schiavello on Thursday's edition of Bloody Elbow Radio.

SBN coverage of Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Henderson