Strikeforce Fedor vs. Henderson: Hendo Talks 'Cocky' 'Out of Shape' Fedor

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
356452740_large.jpg
Strikeforce light heavyweight champ Dan Henderson will be facing Fedor Emelianenko on Saturday in a heavyweight match that pretty much means nothing. Unless you're a fan of martial arts rather than a rankings obsessed, title belt polishing MMA nerd, that is. In which case it's an intriguing bout between two legends of the sport.

Henderson is blogging over at Yahoo! and he's not pulling his punches when evaluating Fedor's last two (losing) efforts:

It seemed like against Werdum, he got cocky with his submission defense and though he wouldn't get submitted. I think he didn't do what was needed to get out of the triangle quickly enough, and he paid the price. We all make mistakes, and everybody can get caught. With the loss to Silva, I think he showed up a little out of shape and the size difference definitely got to him in that fight. Again, no one wins them all and it just happens Fedor has lost back-to-back fights.

I'm kind of curious if anyone at M-1 Global is translating these little sound bites and putting them on Fedor's locker. Seems like good motivational material.

SBN coverage of Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Henderson