Strikeforce 35 - Fedor/Henderson

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ben

Reaction score

Strikeforce: Fedor vs Henderson will be LIVE! on Showtime from the Sears Centre, Illnois on July 31st 2011.

Method_get_s_fedor-vs-henderson_large.jpg

Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="14" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset"> Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Henderson, is an upcoming mixed martial arts event held by Strikeforce. While not yet announced by Strikeforce, the event is expected to take place on July 30, 2011 at Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates, Illinois. </td></tr></tbody></table>
Main Event:

265lbs: Dan Henderson (27-8) vs Fedor Emelianenko (31-3-1)

Main Card:

Woman's Welterweight Championship: Marloes Coenen (19-4) vs Miesha Tate (11-2)
185lbs: Robbie Lawler (18-7-1) vs Tim Kennedy (13-3)
170lbs: Paul Daley (27-10-2) vs Tyron Woodley (8-0)
170lbs: Scott Smith (17-6) vs Tarec Saffiedine (10-3)

Preliminary Card:

Womens 135lbs: Julie Kedzie (16-8) vs Alexis Davis (9-4)
155lbs: JZ Calvacante (15-4-1) vs Bobby Green (15-4)
185lbs: Eduardo Pamplona (15-2) vs Tyler Stinson (20-7)
185lbs: Derek Brunson (7-0) vs Lumumba Sayers (4-1)
265lbs: Bryan Humes (6-1) vs Gabriel Salinas-Jones (4-0)

Prob check this out just to see if Fedor continues to decline and looses again. This is a better match up for him than his past few, but Hendo can end it with one punch.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
i'll probaly end up watching this also, i love Fedor but gotta go with Henderson in this one.

Ben

Reaction score
Exciting fight and I really have no problem with the stoppage. Fedor was out cold and yes he recovered for a second but he just would of kept getting ground and pound, and would of been out cold again. I've never been a big Fedor guy, and I think it might time for him to hang it up, just can't hang with top competition anymore.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah i thought the fight was great even with the stoppage, i think that he needs to retire this is his third loss in a row, and it reminds me so much of Chuck Lidell who would keep fighting because he thought he was still one of the best in the world, when he clearly wasn't he kept asking for more fights and he had nothing else to prove, neither does Fedor.

Ben

Reaction score
He still has the skills he just needs to be not so damn stubborn and change his style. He can't just go up there and throw punches with guys anymore, he's actually got to use some strategy. Still think he fights again, but it would be murder to see him go up against any of the top UFC guys right now.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah he'll definitely fight again sometime and he'd get destroyed in the UFC, if he does fight again who do you think it could be against?

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
This latest MMA event brought to the American audience by the Strikeforce MMA promotion garnered a 1.7 household rating which is the fourth highest rated Strikeforce/Showtime MMA event in history.

Featuring a heavyweight main event between MMA Legends, Dan Henderson and Fedor Emelianenko went full force with an explosive firework display of heavily thrown punches from the sound of the opening bell. The event took place this past Saturday, July 30, at Sears Centre Arena in Hoffman Estates, Ill., about an hour outside of Chicago.

While the event drew a 1.7 household rating with an average viewership of 571,000, it was 778,000 homes that tuned in for the main event between the two MMA legends, which peaked the broadcast viewership.

MMAScoops.com