Stranger Things Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
:tom:

Stranger-Things-Deadpool.jpg

Hawkins, Indiana might soon be invaded by the Merc With A Mouth.

On the Emmys red carpet on Sept. 12, Variety‘s Marc Malkin spoke with “Stranger Things” executive producer and director Shawn Levy about developing the incoming “Stranger Things” Cinematic Universe.

“Yes, we are building out the STCU, and now that I’m spending time with [chief creative officer of Marvel Entertainment] Kevin Feige, I’m learning a lot about how to manage a universe,” he said. “So I’m taking those skills and applying them to the STCU.”

Beyond “Stranger Things,” Levy is set to direct the upcoming third Deadpool film. When asked if there could be a crossover between the two properties, Levy had a surprising answer.

“Funnily enough, [“Deadpool” star] Ryan [Reynolds] and I were trying to figure out how in the world could we do a ‘Deadpool’-‘Stranger Things’ crossover,” he said. “We haven’t cracked it yet, but it’s on the table.”

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
For many Months I've been keeping myself away from watching the Season Finale of Season 4 of Stranger Things. I feared what would happen to everyone vs Vecna and boy this might of been a TV Show but it was a Movie that continued to punch me in the gut from start to finish. This time I didn't run my God Eddie's death killed to pieces. He was alone at that moment and instead of running he decided to fight knowing he wouldn't see the next day that is a leader/hero in my book. When you do things through that fear those are the type of people I would follow and how I would be when I was called to lead. Eleven/Max vs Vecna I knew that would be the battle and Eleven with the power of love and the power she possess sent Vecna off to lick his Wounds. Now Hawkins is fucked up majorly no time to recover from your Wounds it's going to be Endgame chaotic with what's to come in the next Season.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Normally a stage play wouldn't be my thing but this sounds pretty awesome.

PRJONE23_Q1_015-Key-artwork-no-logo-landscape-1920x1080-1.jpg

Stranger Things” is coming to London’s West End.

Netflix announced on Tuesday that “Stranger Things: The First Shadow,” a stage play spinoff of the wildly popular series, will world premiere at the Phoenix Theatre later this year.

The play, which is “rooted in the mythology” of the Netflix show, was written by “Stranger Things” writer and co-executive producer Kate Trefry from an original story by the Duffer Brothers, Jack Thorne and Trefry. The production will be helmed by Tony-winning director Stephen Daldry, with co-direction from Justin Martin.

“Hawkins, 1959: a regular town with regular worries. Young Jim Hopper’s car won’t start, Bob Newby’s sister won’t take his radio show seriously and Joyce Maldonado just wants to graduate and get the hell out of town. When new student Henry Creel arrives, his family finds that a fresh start isn’t so easy… and the shadows of the past have a very long reach,” the play’s synopsis reads. “Brought to life by a multi-award-winning creative team, who take theatrical storytelling and stagecraft to a whole new dimension, this gripping new adventure will take you right back to the beginning of the ‘Stranger Things’ story – and may hold the key to the end.”

Tickets for the play, which is produced by Netflix and Sonia Friedman Productions, will go on sale this spring. Series creators the Duffer Brothers serve as creative producers, while 21 Laps is an associate producer.

“We are beyond excited about ‘Stranger Things: The First Shadow,'” the Duffer Brothers said in a statement. “Collaborating with the brilliant Stephen Daldry has been nothing short of inspiring, and Kate Trefry has written a play that is at turns surprising, scary and heartfelt. You will meet endearing new characters, as well as very familiar ones, on a journey into the past that sets the groundwork for the future of ‘Stranger Things.’ We’re dying to tell you more about the story but won’t — it’s more fun to discover it for yourself. Can’t wait to see you nerds in London!”

“The First Shadow’s” creative team includes set design by Miriam Buether, costume design by Brigitte Reiffenstuel, lighting design by Jon Clark, sound design by Paul Arditti, illusions design by Jamie Harrison and Chris Fisher, video design by 59 Productions and movement direction by Coral Messam. Wigs, hair and make-up is provided by Campbell Young Associates with casting by Charlotte Sutton CDG and international casting consultancy by Jim Carnahan. Gary Beestone for Gary Beestone Associates is technical director.

Reactions: Alexa

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
640px-Stranger_Things_logo.png

Netflix is continuing to build out the “Stranger Things” franchise, with the streaming giant ordering an animated series set within the world of the show.

Nearly all details about the show are being kept under wraps, aside from the fact that it was developed by Eric Robles and Flying Bark Productions. Robles has previously created the animated shows “Random! Cartoons,” “Fanboy & Chum Chum,” and “Glitch Techs.”

“Stranger Things” creators the Duffer brothers executive produce via Upside Down Pictures along with Robles of Flying Bark as well as Shawn Levy and Dan Cohen of 21 Laps. Upside Down Pictures and 21 Laps are currently under overall deals at Netflix.

“We’ve always dreamed of an animated ‘Stranger Things’ in the vein of the Saturday morning cartoons that we grew up loving, and to see this dream realized has been absolutely thrilling,” the Duffer brothers said in a statement. We couldn’t be more blown away by what Eric Robles and his team have come up with — the scripts and artwork are incredible, and we can’t wait to share more with you! The adventure continues…”

“Stranger Things” has proven to be a global hit and one of Netflix’s most popular original series since it originally debuted in 2016. It was renewed for a fifth and final season in February 2022.

Netflix announced plans for a live-action spinoff series and a stage show in July 2022, with the Duffers forming Upside Down Pictures at that time. No details are available about the live-action spinoff, though the Duffers have previously said it would not focus on characters like Eleven or Steve Harrington. It was revealed in March 2023 that the stage show would take place in Hawkins in 1959 and would debut in London’s West End.

The Duffers are also working on a live-action TV version of the Japanese manga and anime series “Death Note.” The series was previously adapted into a live-action Netflix film in 2017. They are also at work on a series adaptation of Stephen King and Peter Straub’s book “The Talisman” alongside Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Entertainment and Paramount Television.

• Wow

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I could see an animated series be pretty enjoyable. Will have to see when they reveal more but I'm pretty interested in the idea of it.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Once the Stranger Things is doneso I'm sure alot of people will want to see where this Animated Show or Shows could go with new stories. I hope they are able to grap people of all ages like the Show did.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
They started shooting the last season this week. Those kids are going to look like adults before they even film half of it :slip:

Also Noah Schnapp is getting nuclear hate on social media because he supported Israel, the comments against him are plain nasty on every post I have seen.