Storyline Update On Triple H’s Status

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
WWE’s website has a new storyline article up to further Triple H’s retirement angle. Road Dogg BG James had the following to say:

“Our whole wrestling careers I’ve known Triple H. His arm was literally broken in the same place that it was months ago. I don’t know if you come back from an injury like that at his age. ‘The Perfect Storm’ may have just done it. I don’t know. I haven’t spoken to him yet.”
SOURCE

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
No one cares? He's an icon in the eyes of the casuals lol. He can still go to an extent and cut decent promos, he has a spot on the roster on a part time basis similar to Taker and Brock IMO.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Have you not watched his promos? Every one is confronted by silence. He got "you tapped out" chants from the casuals who see him as an "idol". No one literally cares any more.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
He'll probably be back in time to beat Lesnar at Survivor Series. Even though I'm a fan, I don't like the fact that HHH keeps going up against other established guys instead of putting someone over, but OK, I like his matches/promos.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I saw him get big pops during the build up with Brock and before, sure he got the you tapped chants but he also got some big pops along the way.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idMMxJs948w[/yt]
2:00

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SseZ91jjX0[/yt]
1:10

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKAcfsabJrU[/yt]
Start of video.

People still care about him, you know my opinion on him is as negative as yours in a lot of instances but to say people see Trips as anything other than a legend has to be questionable at least. He gets some pops mid promo also, not to mention his build up to the HIAC with Taker which produced a really enjoyable match.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I was more talking about his promos beforehand, anyone can get heat against Brock atm because somehow Brock is a heat machine. I say somehow because I thought Brock would be the type of wrestler who returned who could never get heat again because of how global, mainstream and talented he is. HHH v Taker for example, most of his promos were met with silence, quite rare when you're up against someone like Taker. I'm not saying he's not a legend, despite my hate for him still competing he's nothing less than a legend, people just care less about him competing now as they did, that's my opinion anyway.

I was shocked at the "You tapped out" chants, I guarantee Taker would never have got those if he tapped to Brock.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I was also somewhat surprised with the "You Tapped Out" chants, it was an interesting walkout which was supposed to be received with respect and cheers from the crowd instead of those chants. I guess there were a few smarks there, possibly. At least they cheered him in the end, otherwise it would've been a total fail (HHH leaving the ring).

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
Hope HHH retires :bury: