Stone Cold talks about Tough Enough

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
WWE Hall of Famer "Stone Cold" Steve Austin made an appearance on KISW 99.9 FM where he was asked about the status of the "Tough Enough" reality series on the USA Network.

"I think that window is closed. It's really too bad because it was a hell of a show and I loved doing it. Everybody that watched it loved it. I guess it was ultimately them (WWE) that pulled the plug. Why they did that I have no idea. That's on them and I've moved on down the road and got a chance to start hosting a new show on CMT called Redneck Island. I love doing reality shows. WWE dropped the ball with Tough Enough."

Source: KISW.com

I completely agree. Tough Enough was a good show, especially this last season of it. The wrong person won though, and some people were eliminated before they should have been, but with how hot reality TV is right now, WWE really did drop the ball with Tough Enough.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
First itteration was so much better though. If they were smart they'd start airing the WWE House stuff they have in the can for the network and then just transfer it when/if they get the network. But then they'd have to find a new timeslot somewhere as RAW is using Tough Enoughs old spot.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Shame as it was a really good show. The revamped version was so much better than the later versions of the original Tough Enough which were filled with dumb challenges. At least this time they went back to what made the original popular and just played with that concept a bit. Maybe WWE are shying away because they didn't find any stars out of the show but if they had a bigger role in casting then they would have a better chance of hitting it big. If the WWE Network ever starts up it would be a good addition to the schedule.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Not exactly upset about this to be honest. Yeah it was kinda fun to watch but 90% of the talent were absolute garbage who were utter hacks.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
This show CAN be done well. Get rid of the "I was picked by producers because I'm hot" females, and get rid of the stupid ass challenges and scenes where they film them talking around the house. In fact, don't even offer them a house to stay in. Give them a motel 8, and tell them this is how every other guy in the business came up by paying their dues. No mansion, no limo service.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I enjoyed Tough Enough and the show had my attention, but the fact that they picked some of those people over someone like Austin Aries is a joke.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Austin Aries was too old for the show, which is why the network didn't cast him. Simple as that.

Didn't enjoy the show tbh, I hate reality shows, and this one was a very skippable show imo. From the douchey jock team, to the bubble-headed women, I didn't care about anyone on the show, and I didn't think any of them would be worth a shit in WWE.

Plus the quiet rage guy winning was lame, just because some hillbilly can start screaming all of a sudden doesn't equate to interesting character.

Reaction score
The guy who had the total package got injured and had to leave, and the best of the rest finished second to a goofball fuck. No wonder it failed in the grand scheme of things.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
They missed out on cashing in on Luke and Rimah. I think if they would ave been brought up totem roster after the show was over, they would have succeeded and in the end that success would have led to a season 2

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
They missed out on cashing in on Luke and Rimah. I think if they would ave been brought up totem roster after the show was over, they would have succeeded and in the end that success would have led to a season 2

Rima was there to collect footage for her failed attempt at a reality show. She didn't respect the business and was a drunk.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The fact that they didn't get any good talent out of the show shouldn't dissuade them from running another season. I am sure that it would have been a profitable venture as USA would have been fronting the costs and if they just altered the casting formula a bit it could turn into a well rated show that also produces a wrestler or two for the company.