Stokely Hathaway talks post-All Out plans with CM Punk, more on The Sessions with Renee Pacquette

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
da3c9fa5-8cbe-44cf-932c-02b73a3d890d.jpg

In an appearance on Renee Paquette's podcast, Stokely Hathaway opened up about plans that The Firm had with CM Punk that now seem unlikely to ever happen due to Punk's status with AEW.

He also revealed that he committed himself to a mental institution for three days earlier this year while in WWE NXT.

Hathaway said there was a post-All Out plan for his Firm faction that was supposed to include former two-time AEW World Champion CM Punk but due to what happened at the press conference after the show, that never came to fruition.

He also said Punk asked to work with him which meant a lot to him.

"Who we were supposed to directly feud with is no longer in the company. That is one thing I was looking forward to because I was hand chosen for that role. I'm just going to say it: I don't know the specifics, if people are choosing sides or whatever, but for me, the fact that CM Punk said, 'Hey, I want to work with this guy,' that holds a lot of weight and means a lot, regardless of what has happened, what will happen," he said.

Hathaway said that when that plan changed, they had to rewrite everything on the fly as it affected the original purpose of the faction to begin with.

"Everyone in the group is trying to do their best and we're trying to figure out how to make this work because the original purpose isn't the purpose anymore, so it's like, what do you do?," he explained. "Things are slowly gearing up; it's just going to take a few weeks. With the way wrestling is nowadays, I get it. First impressions are everything, but it's a little bit difficult to change people's minds. Most people don't want to see Picasso work on his painting -- they just want to see the sh*t done. That's the phase we're in. We're working on it, but people don't want to see it worked on. They want to see the finished product."

Punk is currently out with an injury and his status with the company is unclear beyond that due to the post-All Out fight between himself, the Young Bucks, Ace Steel and Kenny Omega.

In talking about his decision to leave NXT, Hathaway said that he woke up one day in February and felt miserable. He didn't know where he was or what he was doing and decided to commit himself to a mental institution over three days in Florida. He said it was akin to a prison with a cell and restrictions and that after the three days, he thought that maybe he was better off mentally than he initially thought.

He said he didn't tell anyone and couldn't use his phone outside getting someone to take care of his dog. He said they didn't do much for him in the facility and that the experience wasn't beneficial for him.

When he returned, he said he had to jump back into things. He eventually turned down a new contract and left the organization. He also said "the wrong message" came across during his widely-seen comedy show comments about his time in WWE. He made his AEW debut at May's Double or Nothing.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP