Sticks and Stones.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Moonlight Drive

Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words can never hurt you. An old adage indeed, one I've heard one to many times and which led to the creation of this thread.

My question to all of you: Do you think that people, or even yourself personally, take things that have been said seriously?

I for one really couldn't care what people say, if it is just a one-off swear word or the like. Call me a cunt, dick, arse, wanker, and the like, if it's not true it doesn't matter. A well constructed sentence directed at my flaws and used with logic to bring me down could dampen my spirits, but nothing too severe.

Many people I do think place to much of a bearing on what people say. I've seen people get offended at the slightest thing, when it's not really a big deal at all. People can say shit about my mum all they like, I don't care because it's obviously not true. Yet some people still find that a valid reason to get upset.

So, members of IWF, do you think society takes things people say to the heart more often then they should?

the dark knight

whoever takes these things seriously deserves the heartache.

Beer

If you know something is not true when they say it to you, why get worked up over it? If someone tells me that my dick is 1 inch, when I know it is not :wink1: I will just laugh in there face, because 90% of the time, they sound complete and utter fools.

However, if it is true, and they make fun of someone, then that can get hurtful.

I think the lowest you can go is to make fun of someone close, who has a serious problem.

1chiban

Reaction score
Depends on what is being said. I'm all for a bit of banter but if something brings up something more personal then I find it offensive, as they've obviously thought harder about it.

On a related point I've never really understood the saying - surely emotional scars take longer to heal than physical ones?!

seX-Power

I usually only care if it gets personal, or if it is continued to an over-annoying extent.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
I think it depends on the truthfulness and how that fact effects you and everyone else. Like for instance calling a gay guy names is just hassling and shouldn't bother them, but if you take a shot at someone's character (especially if they don't know they act that way), it can cause a decent amount of pain. Or saying something like "you missed your dad's funeral because you're glad he died." That type of stuff. The stuff that everyone thinks about you, but no one's got the balls to say until they are mad at you.....that's when it hurts.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I pretty much agree with what has been said already. Depends of what they say and how they say it. I could care less if someone talks about my hair or pics(lol its been done here and off of here) because I like them and that's all that matters. But like with my Grandpa being real sick and if someone says he should just die it pisses me off because of how sick he is and how likely it could happen at any moment you know.