Steroids - Would wrestling be different today without them?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
hulk-hogan.jpg

Let's say steroids were never a thing in the rise of wrestling. No one used them and everyone was clean throughout the 70's and beyond.
Do you think it would have made a difference? Like say people like Hulk Hogan for example never dabbled in them. How do you think wrestling would look today?
Would it be any different? Would some of them never have made it or maybe others would have shined and stood out more?

Last edited:

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
The first guy that springs to mind is the Ultimate Warrior...

But...this is a touchy subject and it isn't for me to judge
people if they choose/chose to use them.

Is the wrestling industry better off without them...Yes.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
The first guy that springs to mind is the Ultimate Warrior...

But...this is a touchy subject and it isn't for me to judge
people if they choose/chose to use them.

Is the wrestling industry better off without them...Yes.

What if they had never been a thing though... Do you think Warrior would have even been a big name?

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
If steroids were not around, perhaps Chris Benoit would be with us today as, while the concussions were also a factor in death/his issues which lead to that incident, the steroid abuse did not help.

Last edited:

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
What if they had never been a thing though... Do you think Warrior would have even been a big name?
No...of course not...and Lex Luger would never have got a start either...
If steroids were not around, perhaps Chris Benoit would be with us today
Oh God...Yeah...and now I'm sad...
:(

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
I feel like it how we look at big guys today would be replaced by luchadors. When you think about, wrestling became popular because of the larger than life people, both character wise and body wise. If steroids weren't there to give people the muscles of a larger than life person, the flippiness of a luchador would be the replacement because they're talent is crazy. Muscles draw attention more than flippy stuff though, so wrestling would probably be far less popular

Guys like Kane, Undertaker, Sycho Sid, and other naturally big guys would also be the biggest draws. In fact, I feel like somebody like Sid or even Big John Studd would fill the role that Hogan brought due to their eye catching size, but since they don't have the charisma to match, "Sidamania" and "Studdomania" wouldn't come anywhere close to the scale of popularity of Hulkamania

...Probably

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Some stars wouldn't be stars or as remembered unfortunately. Hogan is full of Shit, too, for saying he never juiced lol.

Any ways, most stars back then were remembered because of their size and insane ability to over power others. It was a diff world back then. It wasn't all wrestling for most guys as it focused more on character and size of stars. Guys like hogan and warrior wouldn't be who they are without them I don't think. I could be wrong but I don't think so.

With that being said, I really believe that certain stars would've risen to the occasion on sheer skill. The stars of the 70's and, hell, even some of the ones in the 90's and 2000's were like rockstars. They had amazing steroid ridden bodies and played a character well. They got their check and wrestled decently.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Steroids make wrestling better. Period. I want all my wrestlers to look just like Chris Masters.

Such a heel response :brock5:

They haven't had them active in the WWE in like what, 10+ years now? I think they are doing just fine.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Also what about the women? I mean like Chyna for example was using them even before getting into wrestling. Do you think she would have stood a chance back then not looking as huge/buff as she was?

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Also what about the women? I mean like Chyna for example was using them even before getting into wrestling. Do you think she would have stood a chance back then not looking as huge/buff as she was?
She wouldn't be any where without them

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
It would of been interesting to see if a Vince would of pushed talent differently over the years without having the constant hard on for "big guys" that used a bunch of steroids.

I find it hilarious when u watch really really old wrestling videos and a lot of the guys are totally fat and out of shape lol

Reactions: edge4ever