Stephan Bonnar-Rampage Fight In The Works?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Stephan Bonnar has ended one feud, but could be starting up another one. Bonnar, who defeated Kyle Kingsbury this past weekend at UFC 139, is asking for a match with former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson

According to a report by MMA Weekly, Bonnar has always wanted to meet Jackson inside the Octagon, and UFC president Dana White said, "'Rampage' texted me (Saturday) and said he wants to fight him too. I don't know, we'll see."

Bonnar was a finalist on The Ultimate Fighter, falling to Forrest Griffin. He has won his last three fights, improving his record to 14-7. Jackson lost a match with UFC 205-pound champ Jon Jones earlier this year.

Bonnar-Kingsbury was part of Saturday's UFC 139: Shogun vs. Hendo card, which took place from San Jose, California.

Fightline.com

How does everybody feel about a possible Jackson-Bonnar fight?

Deuce

Reaction score
Rampage Jackson will wreck Bonnar! Thats how it will be and always be.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
i'd go with Rampage too, but i wouldn't count Bonnar out. It could be a pretty good fight if it does indeed happen.

Ben

Reaction score
Think Rampage only has a year or 2 left before he quits and starts acting full time so I really would like to see his last run of fights be great ones, and I'm not to keen on this match up as I think Bonner would get crushed and there's a ton of other matches for Rampage that I'd rather see.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Page has looked like shit in his last few fights, I'd pick Bonnar over him at this point.

Deuce

Reaction score
I'd love to see Rampage/Rashad one more time before he leaves the sport.

Definitely, every fight they have had has been epic. Would love to see who wins that one, Power vs Technique fights are always good.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah their last fight was really good i thought even though Rashad won by decision, In my onion Rampage had the better fight and should've gotten the win. And watching those two feud on The Ultimate Fighter a few years back made that season of the show the most entertaining in the history of the show.

Deuce

Reaction score
Yeah their last fight was really good i thought even though Rashad won by decision, In my onion Rampage had the better fight and should've gotten the win. And watching those two feud on The Ultimate Fighter a few years back made that season of the show the most entertaining in the history of the show.

Oh yah, definitely. I usually always think Rampage will beat Rashad, I think Rampage is an overall better fighter but Rashad knows how to work the body so it wears his opponents then BOOM knockout kick!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
This wouldn't really interest me. Bonnar has been hit and miss over the years and I don't think that he has done enough to deserve a fight against Rampage.