St-Pierre Discloses Amount He Makes Per Fight

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
UFC President Dana White has said time and time again that UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre is No. 1 in terms of money gained from pay-per-view fights. Now, it would seem we have a figure to put on those claims.

St-Pierre, while talking with Agences France-Presse last week, disclosed the amount of money a PPV fight is worth to him, along with the city the event is held in.

"For me, a fight is (worth) $4-to-$5 million. And in the city where the UFC holds its events, there are economic benefits (to the city) of between $15-to-$20 million. It's huge," St-Pierre said.

As for being called the highest paid fighter in the UFC, GSP said he is unsure of that claim but added, "I learned that the UFC makes the most money on pay-per-view when I am fighting. That made me smile!"
St-Pierre is scheduled to return to action in February when he defends his title against Nick Diaz.

Fightline.com

Ben

Reaction score
He makes them a lot of money so it def makes sense. The Gates alone that he can draw in Canada makes it more than fair.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Him and Brock have to be the two biggest cash gainers for them. Probably why they make so much per fight.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
That is a decent amount per fight once the PPV earnings are added into it. Interesting that they still aren't close to the amount earnt by boxers when boxing is a dying sport and MMA is the new big thing. I assume that within the next five years the gap will be closed and the top MMA fighters will be earning $10 million plus per fight.

I agree that Lesnar would have to be right up there as well for earnings per fight since he always helps bring in a huge PPV buyrate.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
He doesnt get that as part of his purse because UFC have to disclose that to commissions for tax reasons, but including his sponsors and bonuses he could maybe reach that, yeah.

Ben

Reaction score
That is a decent amount per fight once the PPV earnings are added into it. Interesting that they still aren't close to the amount earnt by boxers when boxing is a dying sport and MMA is the new big thing. I assume that within the next five years the gap will be closed and the top MMA fighters will be earning $10 million plus per fight.

I agree that Lesnar would have to be right up there as well for earnings per fight since he always helps bring in a huge PPV buyrate.

I hope not the financing in boxing is all screwed up, and really there's only a handfull of guys in boxing that make big paydays, while the rest our getting close to what the UFC undercard guys are getting.

Big pay days open up to many problems and hopefully it doesn't ever get out of hand in MMA where one guy is making 15 mil per fight. It might never happen, but would like to see a UFC Fighter Union Formed and some sort of contract system worked out, where guys are given a base salary per year basis.