*SPOILERS* WWE SmackDown Tapings for 12/30/11

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Dark Match:

* Skip Sheffield defeated Seth Rollins.

SmackDown, Airing Friday:

* Booker T opened the show in the ring and is interrupted by Cody Rhodes. Goldust comes out without his makeup and tells Cody not to talk bad about the Legends. Booker challenges Cody to a rematch for the Intercontinental Title next week. Booker left and Cody attacked his brother, leading to Booker running back for the save.

* Jinder Mahal beat Ted DiBiase.

* Drew McIntyre walks in on Teddy Long and Aksana and is ready for his SmackDown return match.

* Kaitlyn and Alicia Fox beat Tamina and Natalya. Tamina turned on Natalya after the match.

* Big Show interrupts Daniel Bryan and AJ Lee. Teddy Long comes out and announces Show vs. David Otunga tonight with Mark Henry in his corner.

* Hunico beat Justin Gabriel.

* Big Show beat David Otunga. Daniel Bryan came out during the match and attacked Henry.

* Ezekiel Jackson beat Drew McIntyre.

* Sheamus comes out and talks about the Royal Rumble. Hornswoggle joins him and says he will win the Rumble. Heath Slater comes out to trash Sheamus and gets thrown out of the ring.

* Sheamus defeated Heath Slater.

* Teddy Long announces Bryan vs. Big Show next week for the World Heavyweight Title.

* Wade Barrett defeated Randy Orton in a Falls Count Anywhere Match after throwing him down a flight of stairs in the back.
Doesn't look bad at all. Goldy being back and Drew (despite jobbing) gets a :thumbs: from me.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Jesus Christ just give Sheamus at least a half assed feud instead of just punking these jobber heels. The falls count anywhere main event sounds interesting.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I think the Orton injury is legit, if it wasn't they would've played it as a story on the show and not said anything early. Even though I hate him it's still a shame as no guy deserves injury.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
McIntyre is back on SD!!! I just marked out at this. MUST WATCH NOW!!! Wait losing to the useless Big Zeke, wow this guy really is in the doghouse. He must have flirted with Stephanie or got her drunk, this just isn't right.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Though he got de-pushed before it the whole thing with Tiffany really buried him in the doghouse.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Looks like another good episode of Smackdown, I'm really loving it lately and will watch again.

Hopefully this is the start of the Goldust vs Cody feud.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
No match for the new World champion? Slightly odd decision.

I think that the biggest news coming out of this show that everyone has overlooked is the fact that Jinder Mahal won a match! Has been a long time since he last won a match on television.

Good to see Dustin Rhodes getting involved in the Cody/Booker feud.

Happy that Drew McIntyre is back on Smackdown, not happy that he lost. One step at a time though and hopefully he is still on Smackdown next week.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I heard its Bryan vs big show for title next week

Sounds like an ok sd

Also Orton injured is a storyline. Sheamus has been advertised vs Barrett in upcoming events

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I think that the biggest news coming out of this show that everyone has overlooked is the fact that Jinder Mahal won a match! Has been a long time since he last won a match on television.
That's because the only news people will care about when it's referring to Jinder is when he either gets sent back to FCW where he belongs or he gets released.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Tamina turned on Natalya after the match lol why?

i hope Hunico comes out on his bike again.

i wonder if orton buried Wade Barrett in the match just just before Barrett won the match

so meny jobbers on this show

Deuce

Reaction score
Will be watching this, Drew's return makes me pretty stoked to see what he will do later on. lol Ted DiBiase loses to Jinder Mahal...

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I heard its Bryan vs big show for title next week

Sounds like an ok sd

Also Orton injured is a storyline. Sheamus has been advertised vs Barrett in upcoming events

Orton is actually injured but it didn't happen in this match.

That's because the only news people will care about when it's referring to Jinder is when he either gets sent back to FCW where he belongs or he gets released.

:( I am one of 7 people around the world that actually think that Jinder Mahal could become a decent midcarder. I am not claiming that he should be World champion next year but I do think that he is much better than being a jobber losing a dozen or so matches in a row. He had a good debut and then WWE forgot about him.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Was on TV earlier today here in Australia, the opening segment with Booker T/Rhodes and Goldy was great and a good way to kick off the show but I started getting bored midway. Ending was disappointing too.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
i really liked the opening promo, Booker and Dustin giving Cody the mega rub here. I wonder if this will lead to the Cody versus Goldust or Dustin @ WM that Goldie a has been begging for. Or maybe a tag match.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
JINDER WON A FUCKING MATCH OMG

This was pretty much a squash. Dibiase got a little offense in the beginning and then a short comeback and the submission loss. I guess the WWE is getting serious about a Mahal midcard push.

Drew McIntyre back on smackdown :mark: