• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
The Smackdown broadcast team was introduced. JBL's theme played and I went back to 2004 for a second.

MizTV opened the show with Fandango and Summer Rae as this weeks guests. The Miz makes fun of Fandango and dropped the "you look like a bag of skittles and you're the new fruity pebbles." Miz announces that he is not only hosting Miz TV tonight, but also winning the Intercontinental Championship (the title was not defended on Main Event as advertised). Wade Barrett interrupts, he is mad at Fandango for what happened on RAW and is talking down to both Miz & Fandango. Miz & Barrett then begin to brawl, which segues into the first match.

1. The Miz defeated Wade Barrett by DQ in an Intercontinental Title match. Fandango was on commentary. I'd love to hear what JBL and Fandango are talking about. Fandango started to dance midway through the match and this led to Fandango interrupting the match. Barrett ended up hitting the bullhammer on Fandango but Miz wins by DQ.

Zeb Colter comes out with Jack Swagger and cuts a promo against the local crowd and about various conspiracies. Zeb insulted the Cornhusker state...

2. Daniel Bryan (w/Kane) defeated Jack Swagger (w/Zeb Colter). Bryan won via submission with the No Lock. Bryan breaks the hold once the match is over, the crowd then begins to chant “yes” and Bryan looks as if he’s crazy and goes back and locks it back in on Swagger. Kane breaks the hold and argues with D Bryan before Bryan walks away..

The Raw Rebound was shown...

Matt Striker interviews a suit wearing Damien Sandow in the ring where an office table was set up. This was described as a weak segment to start a Sheamus vs. Sandow feud. There was a rope tied in a knot on the table. Sheamus quickly interrupts and they both start bickering back and forth but it all stops when Sandow decides to leave the ring, Sheamus ended up throwing Matt Striker, who was conducting the interview, over the top rope onto Sandow...

3. Chris Jericho defeated Big Show by count out. Big Show controlled most of the match but Jericho hit a Codebreaker outside of the ring which led to Show being counted out.

Curtis Axel and Paul Heyman came out for a promo. The Axel theme song is legit. Paul spoke about Brock Lesnar and C.M. Punk's success and how he will take Axel to the top. Axel spoke about putting Triple H out and accomplishing more than his dad and grandpa and said this was just the beginning. Lots of crickets...

4. Curtis Axel defeated Sin Cara. Axelmania is running wild! There were a few typical flying spots from Cara, but it was otherwise predictable and boring. McGillicutty ended up winning with his finisher.

5. Kofi Kingston defeated Dean Ambrose via DQ in a U.S. Title match. The match ended when Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns interfered for the DQ. Randy Orton and Sheamus ran out to save Kofi. Teddy Long came out and booked The Shield vs. Orton, Sheamus and Kingston in a six-man tag up next.

6. The Shield defeated Randy Orton, Sheamus, and Kofi Kingston. The Shield controlled most of the match but the faces turned it around. Orton hits a RKO on Reigns, Rollins takes a Brogue Kick but Ambrose hits his finisher on Kofi for the win. The Shield stood in the ring with the gold in what appeared to be the end of the taping for Friday's television show.

Sounds like an alright Smackdown. Some good matches and anything involving The Shield is must watch. Curtis Axel in action again is good. I hope they don't turn Daniel Bryan heel again, stupid decision if they do. He is better as a face. The crowd loves him. Just look at his reactions. The report makes it seem like a heel turn but gonna have to wait and see how it all plays out on TV. May just be a disbandment leading to a feud between the two in the future.

Last edited:

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
I really don't mind what they do with Daniel Bryan to be honest, I think he plays both a face and a heel extremely well.

On one hand he has gotten really over as a face. He's easily getting some of the biggest pops every night and his flurry of offence every time he gets back into a match is really fun to watch.

On the other hand, I think he can play a heel just as well. His in-ring psychology as a heel is excellent, and I feel overall his best matches are when he's a heel. He'd also sure get a reaction from the crowd as well, especially if he were to keep that comedic side of his character.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Jesus Swagger has fallen off so badly in the space of a week. Qutting to Del Rio, losing to Orton and now submitting to Bryan?

I'll try give it a watch but i'm not really digging the looks of things. 2 DQ finishes, a countout and a massively unappealing open match.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
For what it's worth, two of our correspondents at last night's SmackDown tapings in Omaha, Nebraska noted that one-half of the WWE Tag Team Champions Roman Reigns may have been injured in the main event.
Apparently Reigns tweaked his ankle during a six-man tag match with The Shield vs. Randy Orton, Big Show and Kofi Kingston. Reigns started limping after a spot with Orton on the ring apron.

Reigns was seen limping around the ring during the end of the match and was helped to the back by a referee right after the finish. A post-show beatdown by the babyfaces took place but only Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins were involved.

Take it for what it's worth. Gonna have to wait for more info. Hope it's not anything too serious tho.

SAL

Reaction score
Jesus Swagger has fallen off so badly in the space of a week. Qutting to Del Rio, losing to Orton and now submitting to Bryan?

Almost as if they don't trust him with a big push for some strange reason...

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Almost as if they don't trust him with a big push for some strange reason...
It seemed as if they were going to carry on with the big push regardless of the weed incident. If anything it seems like he's been depushed because of the concussion he gave to Dolph.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
A countout and two DQ's? Yeah, gonna be a very shitty Smackdown indeed.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
This wasn't a bad show by any means. Opening segment and match were pretty forgettable really. Fandango was pretty good in them both though. The Swagger/Bryan match was pretty fun, surprised they didn't have Bryan lose to continue this "weak link" thing, thought for sure this would be a horrible losing streak gimmick that never works out well for anyone. Jericho/Show was pretty good, not a fan of the ending though, and I'm also not so sure how I feel about a Jericho/Show feud at this point. Axel/Cara was nothing special, just getting that guy a good win, nice promo beforehand by Heyman. 6-Man was real good once Teddy Long tag match playa'd the Ambrose/Kingston match.