Spoilers: Top TNA Veteran May Have Finished Up at Thursday's Impact Wrestling Taping

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Re: Spoilers: Top TNA Veteran May Have Finished Up at Thursday's Impact Wrestling Tap

Not sure why you're quoting me, I never said TNA should get rid of him. And I am not putting the sole blame on AJ Styles, he isn't that high up to even be a factor in TNA's turmoil. All I said was he isn't the main guy. And shouldn't be considered as a top guy, because he isn't a top guy for a supposed major wrestling promotion. He is a solid hand, who can deliver a match some people like. But he isn't the guy people come to see. He is salt to a steak(a moldy steak tbh). He isn't the steak, he is just enhances the flavour. Like Cruiserweights in WCW, nobody paid to see them, but they made people go home happy with their performance. A great wrestling match alone can't draw. You need special factors like pressence, charisma and being able to talk people into the buildings, things AJ Styles just doesn't possess.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Re: Spoilers: Top TNA Veteran May Have Finished Up at Thursday's Impact Wrestling Tap

Not sure why you're quoting me, I never said TNA should get rid of him. And I am not putting the sole blame on AJ Styles, he isn't that high up to even be a factor in TNA's turmoil. All I said was he isn't the main guy. And shouldn't be considered as a top guy, because he isn't a top guy for a supposed major wrestling promotion. He is a solid hand, who can deliver a match some people like. But he isn't the guy people come to see. He is salt to a steak(a moldy steak tbh). He isn't the steak, he is just enhances the flavour. Like Cruiserweights in WCW, nobody paid to see them, but they made people go home happy with their performance. A great wrestling match alone can't draw. You need special factors like pressence, charisma and being able to talk people into the buildings, things AJ Styles just doesn't possess.

Gotta agree with this 100%

As much as I like AJ, he was never the top draw. I guess you can say he was the "heart" of TNA in the sense that he was there from the beginning, has all these accolades and what not, but at the end of the day, Deezy is right. AJ wasn't the guy putting butts in the seats. At one point, people were coming to see Sting, at one point it was Christian, now Jeff Hardy is arguably the #1 guy. But even at the height of AJ's popularity, he was never "THE" guy. Very good hand, can't see Vince calling him but he'll be super successful in the Indies or Japan

Last edited:

AZUCAR!

Reaction score

AJ's posted a statement on his website & facebook:

MY STATEMENT ON TNA CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS 12/16/13

Today for the first time in 11 years, AJ Styles awakes to find himself without a professional wrestling contract. I can't help but think how did I get here, what must I have done wrong, did I not deliver in the ring, etc. All of those are pertinent questions that any man or woman who finds himself or herself unemployed would ask.

I have always prided myself in being the wrestler that stays away from the things in this business that could easily destroy myself, my family, my marriage, and even my career. A wrestler who goes above and beyond to give the fans what they paid to see.

I move forward not bitter, but better for the blessings and memories that I have been a part of since TNA's inception.

When this contract renegotiation journey started several months ago, my wife and I began praying for God to close doors that needed to be closed and to open the doors that He wanted us to walk through. We asked him to prepare us for this journey and to help us to have the faith to be obedient to what He would have us to do. I am assured by the name Immanuel in Matthews 1:23 that I will never be alone. Hebrews 13.5, says He will never leave us or forsake us. There is a lot in this world that I am unsure of, especially in this moment, but there is one thing that I am certain. Contracts may expire, but the promise of Immanuel will never expire.

As my family and I move forward with my wrestling career, we will turn to Jabez's prayer found in 1 Chronicles 4:10.

Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that Your hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil.

My family and I are both grateful for the platform that TNA has allowed me to experience. TNA has been a blessing to our family for many years. We have made many friendships and many more memories. While you may not be seeing AJ Styles in TNA, you can be sure that he will be traveling the world and delivering many more Phenomenal matches. Visit AJStyles.org for a complete list of bookings.

Sincerely,

AJ Styles

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

That's a whole lotta bible shit.

Reaction score

If TNA allows him to leave it shows exactly why they will fail

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

If TNA allows him to leave it shows exactly why they will fail

Waitwut? Lost me like the AJ post lost me at bible quotes.

Losing one guy isn't going to kill a company, their front office full of people who don't know what they are doing is why TNA fails. Doesn't have shit to do with wrestlers. If the head is broken, the body is too.