SPOILER: WHC MATCH FOR HELL IN A CELL CONFIRMED

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
A Championship match was announced on this week’s WWE SmackDown tapings in Buffalo, New York for the WWE Hell in a Cell pay-per-view. Big Show will face World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus at next month’s PPV.

The announcement came after Big Show defeated Randy Orton. The Hell in a Cell match will be for Sheamus’ World Heavyweight Title and will take place inside the Cell.
WEEELLLLLLLLL WELL IT'S THE SOURCE! IT'S A BIG BAD SOURCE COMIN' AROUDN YA'LL COME ON! YEAH, IT'S THE SOURCE! GONNA LINK YOU UP AND TAKE YOU TO THE SOURCE, COME ON! WELL GET READY FOR SOMETHING, THAT' YOU'LL NEVER LINK!!!! YOU WON'T COMMENT ON IT. BUT I PROMISE THAT YOU'LL KNOW, IT'S THE BIG SOURCE!

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I'll definitely be in the minority here, but I like this. Yeah, Sheamus sucks, but one of the main reasons we hate the guy so much is the ridiculously strong booking. When the Great White is feuding with Big Show he's the underdog by default, plus WWE never ceases to book Big Show stronger than they need to, and a strong heel opponent is exactly what Sheamus needs to get over with the casuals. Show's a much more credible opponent than ADR.

The match/feud itself sounds dreadful on paper, but the Mark Henry/Big Show feud was so much better than it had any right to be. Both men work better with bigger guys too, so maybe something good can come of this.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
not going to read this. but i expect randy or del rio :notsure:

lets see how right/wrong i am on friday :haha:

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Don't even care if it makes Sheamus look weaker, this will be main eventing SmackDown and will have multiple segments on RAW weekly. FUCK, THIS, FEUD. Fuck Sheamus' reign all together, it's seriously sucked so much dick.

Reactions: Snowman1

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Don't even care if it makes Sheamus look weaker, this will be main eventing SmackDown and will have multiple segments on RAW weekly. FUCK, THIS, FEUD. Fuck Sheamus' reign all together, it's seriously sucked so much dick.

Preach it brotha!

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
This sounds terrible on so many levels . . .

First of all, I actually like Sheamus. He's a good wrestler, his matches with Bryan and Ziggler are always treats (well, when there not 18 seconds). And sure those two are among the best wrestlers today, but I really wouldn't say they carried Sheamus that much if at all. I'm not entirely bothered by the strong booking either, as he's the World Champion and they're trying to solidify him as a top face. While they may book him too strong, I'd rather that then have a weak looking World Champion. That said, while I like Sheamus, he isn't in my favorites and he only can't catch my interest. He needs to be against somebody I really like to really get me interested in a feud. Del Rio wasn't that, and the Big Show certainly isn't.

Which is number two, Big Show. Besides his excellent feud with Mark Henry, Big Show has done nothing but zap the interest out of everything he's been involved with ever since his ECW Championship reign for me. It's possible this will shock me like the Henry bouts did, and that's not exactly the most likely outcome.

However, those two are even my biggest problem with this match. My biggest comes from the fact that it's taking place in a Cell. It's bad enough when the cell is used to advance a feud, it's downright terrible when it's used as the first match in one. I know they've already ruined what made the match so special, but that doesn't mean I have to be content with it and not advocate a change. Hell, I'd be fine with the PPV if they only held one Cell match, the most important feud going into it (in this case; Punk vs. Cena). Sure, it limits when we'll see it, removes the surprise and will possibly come of contrived but it still wouldn't be overkill of the gimmick. Every year they've had at least one feud I could at least make an argument for it being worthy of being in the Cell, but the rest have zero place being in the match types.

That's enough bitching for now, but yeah this doesn't interest me at all, and even put doubt in my mind whether or not I'll be even getting Hell In A Cell. I'll probably end up getting it just it because Punk/Cena are bound to kill it in the cell.

Farooq

Reaction score
The problem I have with this feud is you got one lazy champion, and one boring giant. Sure he'll look weak, but I just can't see the matches being that great. Sheamus has a hard time going though long matches, and if it's the same old Sheamus moves, then Sheamus gets beat down, then we have to sit through Big Show's boring move set, AGAIN and his promos. Sheamus will then win by a Brouge Kick. I can't get excited for this, the only thing I see happening is Big Show being the bigger man, ONCE AGAIN and taking the Money in the Bank loss from Ziggler cashing in.

Samalan

Champion
Reaction score
Big Show will get the title then Dolph will cash in. I don't see Big Show winning otherwise unless Cena beats Punk and then it is the same old Cena vs Show feud.

GeeTeaIye

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Samalan said:
Big Show will get the title then Dolph will cash in. I don't see Big Show winning otherwise unless Cena beats Punk and then it is the same old Cena vs Show feud.

I have a feeling Show will beat Sheamus cleanly (Or by count-out)

Farooq

Reaction score
No count outs, it's a Hell in a Cell, plus if Show wins that way he doesn't get the championship.