-Spoiler- Smackdown to run number 1 contender tournament

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
A tournament to crown new #1 contenders to WWE Tag Team Champions Kane and Daniel Bryan will be announced on this Friday’s SmackDown. The first-round matches look like this:

* Zack Ryder and Santino Marella vs. Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel

* Kofi Kingston and R-Truth vs. Darren Young and Titus O’Neil

* Epico and Primo vs. Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara

* The Usos vs. Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow

The winners will face Kane and Bryan for the titles, presumably at Hell In a Cell next month.

This is great. Tournaments tend to raise the prestige of the titles at stake since every match becomes about the title.

source

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow will be competing for the tag team titles at Hell In A Cell.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Pretty cool, but it's a little too obvious who the winners will be.

GeeTeaIye

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I don't really get what Rhodes and Sandow have in common, but as far as wrestling goes, they're a good team.

McLovin1

The Artiste
Reaction score
Does anyone else think that the tag team division has become the most interesting thing to watch in WWE these past weeks.:notsure:

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
The tag team division is really interesting now, yes. I also believe Rhodes and Sandow will challenge for the titles. This tournament is great.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
They have 7 believable tag teams, plus Truth and Kofi. Bet most viewers thought there thought they only had 2.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Plus Truth and Kofi :dawg:

I think Marella and Ryder go on, job to Rhodes/Sandow, PTP go on, job to Rey/Cara, then Rhodes/Sandow vs Rey/Cara is the final match. Not sure who wins but I'm sure this will be the final match. Since Kane/Bryan is a tweener team I can't say lol. I could see both happening... I'll say Rhodes/Sandow but I won't be surprised it Rey/Cara go on.