Sonnen Done Chasing Anderson Silva, Wants St Pierre, Jones or Dos Santos

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
“I’m done with the guy. He and I have no business. He’s cold product. He’s like jheri curls and Pepsi Clear. He’s yesterday’s news. I destroyed this guy back when he was tough. That was years ago. He’s so far over the hill and so far past his prime that it’s not worth talking about.

I’m going to become the No. 1 contender on January 28th and despite what you may think, I’m not going to use that voucher to fight Anderson Silva. I’ll be looking at (Jon) Jones, (Junior) dos Santos and possibly (Georges) St. Pierre. I will take that voucher to Dana White and pick one of those three guys. My time with Anderson is done.â€

In a recent interview on TSN’s Off The Record with Michael Landsberg, Chael Sonnen proclaims that he is no longer interested in fighting Anderson Silva for the UFCs middleweight title.

Hard to believe what he says is true, but that's crazy regardless.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I think he realizes that he can't beat Silva so he wants to take on someone else. He fought him with elevated testosterone also while Silva was injured and despite all he did he couldn't finish him off and Silva made him tap. So a healthy Silva would take him down. I mean look at how he made Okami look.

Sonnen is just looking to save face.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I really don't know if he was just being a dick or serious lol it's hard to tell with the guy but if it's true, very interesting that he said Dos Santos.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
He loves talking so no clue if he is serious or not. But he wouldn't last against dos Santos. He would knock him out. Jones reach would be the end of Sonnen. He'd either tap or be KOd. He'd have a chance against GSP but I dunno.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
GSP he'd have a chance against, but yeah if he's serious about this then i guess Dana would peg the winner of Bisping and Damian Maia to take on Anderson this summer.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I hope not Maia. That last fight they had... Silva could have finished that in the first or second easily. Against Bisping... I just don't see Bisping being able to figure him out and he would taste a foot to the face.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'm not saying he would beat him, but i'd still fancy Chael to bumrush Jon and go for the takedown. I don't think he's ducking Anderson either, I just think it's Chael being Chael

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Slim summed it up perfectly, Sonnen has realised that he can't beat Silva. He couldn't when he was using performance enhancing drugs and Silva still submitted him and won. Funny how his thoughts have changed so soon after he was desperate to book this fight after he beat Stann.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Nobody really knows if the guy is serious or not, because this is something he would do but with all of the shit he talks about Silva you'd think that he would want to prove that he is the better fighter.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I dont think Sonnen is suffering from low self-esteem or anything, he beat Anderson up for nearly 25 mins before a hail mary choke cost him, so I doubt its a duck.

The JDS suggestion might seem crazy, but Sonnen is a natural light-heavy, and Dos Santos is a small heavyweight. Its more even than it sounds, considering the 2 weight class jump.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Randy was a small heavyweight at 220. Junior fights around 240. The max is 265. Junior isn't really a small heavyweight but more in the middle.

And as far as the Sonnen fight against Anderson. Sonnen was caught cheating with elevated testosterone and it was also discovered that Anderson was fighting hurt and the fact that he still lost... that would be reason to doubt you could win against a guy wouldn't it if he were healthy? Not saying it is the reason but it would create some doubt.