Sonnen beats Bisping ; Silva/Sonnen2 is ON!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
CHICAGO -- Chael Sonnen has the rematch with Anderson Silva he so desperately wants.

Sonnen beat Michael Bisping by unanimous decision at Saturday night's UFC on Fox 2, winning 30-27, 29-28 and 29-28 on the judges' scorecards. As he usually does, Sonnen turned the post-fight interview to an exercise in absurd self-promotion.

"When you're the greatest fighter in the world today they've got a name for you," Sonnen said. "They don't call you a great fighter, they call you Chael Sonnen."

The win will earn Sonnen a shot at Silva, the UFC middleweight champion, likely this summer in Brazil.
More Coverage: UFC on FOX 2 Results | Latest UFC News

Sonnen took Bisping down just seconds into the first round, eliciting a huge cheer from the crowd. Bisping popped back up quickly, but within another minute Sonnen had taken him down again. Bisping was able to shrug off that takedown, too, and most of the first round was fought standing up, but Sonnen clinched with Bisping for most of the first round and controlled the pace of the fight, even though he couldn't do much damage.

At the start of the second round Bisping appeared to be doing a better job landing punches and avoiding the clinch, but after a couple of minutes Sonnen took Bisping down and got on top of him again. Before Bisping could get back up he ate some hard punches. However, Bisping did better on the feet once they stood back up. It was a close fight through two rounds.

Sonnen went for an immediate takedown at the start of the third and got on top of Bisping, and when Bisping briefly stood up, that just allowed Sonnen to take his back. From there Sonnen transitioned into full mount, and he was in control on the ground for most of the rest of the round. Bisping did get back on top in the final seconds of the fight, but Sonnen had done enough to win -- and his second shot at the title.

mmafighting.com

This is awesome, a rematch nearly two years in the making.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
I thought bisping won that fight. I personally felt he controlled it up until the 3rd round.

It was closer than I had expected it to be. I would've absolutely hated if Bisping won, he's a Grade A dickhead.

Tbh, I'm just happy to see the rematch we've all been waiting for. I love both and don't know who to call for.

TactMrBlack

Reaction score
You're right about Bisping, but I'm not a big fan of Sonnen either. Also, after seeing his stand up game last night and how easy Bisping kept getting up after his take downs with the exception of the 3rd round. I'm not sure if Silva wasn't just playing with Sonnen the last fight to be perfectly honest.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
You're right about Bisping, but I'm not a big fan of Sonnen either. Also, after seeing his stand up game last night and how easy Bisping kept getting up after his take downs with the exception of the 3rd round. I'm not sure if Silva wasn't just playing with Sonnen the last fight to be perfectly honest.

Anderson's TDD is his only weakness though. Bisping is gradually getting better with his wrestling. Sonnen's a world class grappler, I don't think Silva was in any position to toy with Sonnen :lol:

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
We shall see in the rematch I'm betting it'll be a first or second round knock out this time. (by Silva of course)

Silva will be prepared for the fight much better than he did next time. An early knockout is definitely a possibility. I think the first and second round will decided who takes the belt.

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
It was closer than I had expected it to be. I would've absolutely hated if Bisping won, he's a Grade A dickhead.

Tbh, I'm just happy to see the rematch we've all been waiting for. I love both and don't know who to call for.

Shonnen a huge dickbag to though...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
Shonnen a huge dickbag to though...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

I'm a huge dickbag too - that's why I like him.

Sonnen's likable and witty. Bisping just makes cheap insults about other fighters in an effort to cover up his huge flaws.

TactMrBlack

Reaction score
Here's Chael Sonnen's WWE type promo.

[video=youtube;IHDd1xb-09U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHDd1xb-09U&feature=related[/video]

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
Here's Chael Sonnen's WWE type promo.

[video=youtube;IHDd1xb-09U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHDd1xb-09U&feature=related[/video]

I seen it yesterday, He's really going all out to sell this shit - UFC are looking at a shit load of money from this event.