Something that's always bothered me

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mainstream87

The Artiste
Reaction score
So, back in like 2006-2007ish Cryme Tyme was a pretty popular Tag Team, and had feuded with Cade and Murdoch. I believe it was New Years Revolution when Cryme Tyme won a match in a Tag Team Gauntlet, in which they earned the right to become #1 Contenders for the Tag Titles sometime in the future. For whatever reason, that time never came, like ever. It was almost as if WWE completely forgot about that match. Now I wasn't a huge mark for Cryme Tyme, but I it always pissed me off they never addressed this hah. Technically they still are the #1 Contenders dammit :(.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Crime Tyme should have won the titles in the main event of the 1000th Raw

Mainstream87

The Artiste
Reaction score
Neither was I. They never went anywhere after that though, was so confusing.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
That tag team was racist!

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I liked Cryme Tyme, but this kind of thing always happens. Did Johnny Curtis get his tag title shot? And what happened with the winner of NXT Redemption?

Mainstream87

The Artiste
Reaction score
I don't why in this case it bothered me more. Just because they made it such a big deal for the tag titles at that time. Was just awful.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Ambrose said:
Not as bad as when they just forgot about the anonymous GM

Then randomly remembered it again lol, I'm still wondering who moved the case at KOTR 99 to cost Austin the CEO position lol.

William

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
It's a shame Cryme Tyme was a team for almost 4 years and they never won the title. I never liked them though they just pissed me off and were more boring than one of my Grandma's stories.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I remember that! It didn't make any sense and was really one of the times I started noticing WWE put no effort in their tag division if they can't get basic details like that right.

Another one is in the 2008 Royal Rumble, Hornswoggle was about to be thrown out by Mark Henry and Big Daddy V, before Finlay came to rescue him. Finlay dragged him out of the ring and into the back, which means 'Swoggle was never eliminated.

So, that Royal Rumble didn't officially finish, but I'm pretty sure Hornswoggle was thrown over the top since then.

army_george

Jobber
Reaction score
maven was never eliminated from the 2001 rumble either