So, How Long Until We Get Cena/Rusev?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
John Cena is currently working with a rising star like Bray Wyatt and aligning himself with other newer stars like the Usos and reportedly wants to work a program with Big E soon as well. So, with Cena doing his best to help elevate other younger talent, how long until we get a feud between Cena and Rusev? Rusev is being pushed as a monster, and with Lana harping on about how great 'Mother Russia' is and how great of a leader Vladimir Putin is, and with Cena being such a staunch supporter of the US troops and military and whatnot, you have to figure a rivalry between the two will likely occur sometime within the next year, if not by the end of this one.

So, how long will it be before the two cross paths? Maybe as early as Summerslam? They've already got three big main event matches planned for the event (Bryan/Wyatt for the championship, Brock/Cesaro, Reign/HHH) and while these are just the preliminary plans, they all do highlight the newer stars if we assume they take place and having Rusev wrestle Cena would accomplish that as well. Of course, we can probably expect that Cena will be the first to defeat Rusev, but what else is new.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Well with the apparent start of a Big E/Rusev feud happening now I could see Rusev beating him down and Cena coming to Big E's rescue thus starting a Cena/Rusev feud... it's definitely not out of the question, but I believe they should allow Rusev to at least hold one of the midcard belts before throwing him into matches with top tier talent... right now I don't see that he's worthy of facing anyone any higher than the IC champ or US champ.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Cena's next two feuds are against Sheamus and Big E, according to rumours. I can see Bryan facing Rusev before Cena in a "one and done" at an autumn PPV where he successfully defends the title. I'm so hyped for Cena v Bo, rather than Rusev.

People saying Rusev is going to be buried after one push are wrong imo. He's got a great in-ring style that fans will love (as soon as his matches are given more time), and Lana is clearly getting over already.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Cena's next two feuds are against Sheamus and Big E, according to rumours. I can see Bryan facing Rusev before Cena in a "one and done" at an autumn PPV where he successfully defends the title. I'm so hyped for Cena v Bo, rather than Rusev.

People saying Rusev is going to be buried after one push are wrong imo. He's got a great in-ring style that fans will love (as soon as his matches are given more time), and Lana is clearly getting over already.

I agree... he is very good in the ring and the most agile big man in wrestling right now.I am looking forward to any feuds he has.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
It's very plausible, Big E and Rusev are just starting to go at it although I'm not sure I agree with that feud other than the general size comparison. I can see Big E taking a beating from Rusev after E made him look like a bitch running him out of the ring after coming to Iced-Z's aid.

Since it's pretty much the Russia v USA angle I would not be surprised one bit if John Cena and him started feuding after Big E and him go at it for a few weeks maybe even up until MITB.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
People are going to be sick of Rusev sooner rather than later IMHO.

Reactions: Snowman1

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess it's going down. I really think they should have Rusev work some other midcard feuds with full matches before he faces Cena, but yeah, that's not always the way they go so it may be at Summerslam, but I think it shouldn't happen until next year or maybe around Survivor Series/TLC or something.

Muur

The Artiste
Reaction score
I don't think they ever will, Cena's not black lolol

But in serious, I don't think they will outside maybe a random RAW match

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
People are going to be sick of Rusev sooner rather than later IMHO.

Like now?

After Payback both Cena and The Wyatts ought to need someone new to feud with(it'd be ridiculous to carry their feud any further), so I wouldn't rule out a feud with Cena/Rusev. Not that I'd want to see it or anything, unless Nikki and Lana happen to cross paths during it.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I don't think they ever will, Cena's not black lolol

adb85803013dfa6951ac95edea7f8898.jpg

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Like now?

After Payback both Cena and The Wyatts ought to need someone new to feud with(it'd be ridiculous to carry their feud any further), so I wouldn't rule out a feud with Cena/Rusev. Not that I'd want to see it or anything, unless Nikki and Lana happen to cross paths during it.

They will be both be in the MITB match probably, which should be stacked, with Cena, Wyatt, Orton, Cesaro and The Shield all possibly in it.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
the most agile big man in wrestling right now.
Samoa Joe says hi, Brock and Lashley too.

I don't get the Rusev hype in all honesty he just seems to be a generic monster who gets pushed to the top for a while then drops off, like a poor man's Umaga. His gimmick won't have much long term appeal and his ring ability isn't really "OMFG I wanna see this guy" good or anything IMO.

Cena will bury Rusev soon enough that is my next prediction that will be right

I don't think he could bury him, even being in the same ring as Cena elevates him compared to beating the Kofi''s and Ryders of this world.

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Rusev wont rock more than a year, two max. He will fizzle hard imo. The mouthpiece will get old, the monster run will run down, and he will be the next Khali. Just my opinion, he doesnt really make me say wow outside of the stiff kick to the face.

I mean, come on. The camel clutch? Generic anti-usa wrestler finisher?