So...A Star Wars Question...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed how nearly every "being" with
the Power of the Force is a complete & total failure?

And I'm only talking about the films here...because I don't
really care about the "Extended Universe" and the TV shows,
comic books & novels.

This is strictly about the 8 theatrical Star Wars films...not
including Rogue One.

Seriously...everyone with the Force either gets killed by way
of being stabbed, sliced or shot, gets killed by their apprentice
or ends up turning into an insane hermit with severe memory
lapses who ends up dissolving into nothing.

I mean most of the Jedi order was killed off by robots & test tube
soldiers...not really the best look for the powerful & wise Jedi order.

No wonder the Sith eventually came up with the rule of 2...with
only 2 of them there was less chance of them fucking everything up.

Even Palpatine for or his success ended up dying like a moron...&
don't even get me started on Snoke.

So I'm just going to say it...you'd be better off without the Force.

Thoughts?

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Seriously...everyone with the Force either gets killed by way
of being stabbed, sliced or shot, gets killed by their apprentice
Expecting movies depicting swordsmen to not die because of a sword wound is like expecting yourself not to get wet after jumping into a pool. What other outcome do you expect from a lightsaber duel other than a lightsaber related death? It wouldn't be fun to watch if every single fight ended in a draw. Do you want Jedi and Sith to be completely untouchable?

or ends up turning into an insane hermit with severe memory
lapses who ends up dissolving into nothing.
Obi Wan's entire life after Order 66 was spent watching Luke grow up. Besides, there isn't exactly a wealth of employment opportunities for famous Jedi masters considering the dominant galactic regime slaughters them literally any time they're found. Do you think Darth Vader wouldn't recognize Obi Wan if he was running around drawing attention to himself? If there was a bounty on my head, I sure wouldn't be going outside reminding the world of my existence.

I mean most of the Jedi order was killed off by robots & test tube
soldiers...not really the best look for the powerful & wise Jedi order.
Billions of soldiers trained from birth for war vs. thousands of swordsmen spread thin across the galaxy and it's shocking that the swordsmen lose whenever they're taken by surprise and stabbed in the back by their own soldiers? Would it not be more ridiculous if the clones failed to get the job done and got routinely dominated by the Jedi that had no suspicion they'd be betrayed?

So I'm just going to say it...you'd be better off without the Force.
The days of the TV remote being out of reach are no more whenever you're a Force user.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
You have to take into account that the whole point of the Star Wars/Trek series is to have convulted stories that spans the galaxy in the films. That's why both series has the fans that it does. It's like this, a co-worker recently got a Transformer tattoo and was talking about "Who's side are you on? The decepticons or the good guys?" Star Wars feeds off this kind of discussions. So, they try to alternate between the force, and the sith winning or losing.

Let me put it another way: The current controversy in the Star Wars series is the whole Ben/Lady Skywalker storyline. I haven't seen the latest film, but when I saw the spoilers, I immediately understood what they were trying to do with the "bare" Ben script. It's like people forgot this is a sci-fi film.

And then, the family reveal - what were people expecting? That Ren isn't even connected to Lady Skywalker? What are you, fucking stupid? Ren is the son of Luke Skywalker's best friend... soooo, like... what were you expecting?

Last edited:

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
So...I'm wrong?

Everyone who has/had the Force has been an
incredibly successful and balanced individual?
Not wrong, just not educated enough. In the Episodes series, the skywalker kid defected from the force into the sith, so like, eventually, some of the notable, notorious names in the force moves into the sith. Case in point: Ren went to the sith, but you don't find out until later in the film. Ren's character was mysterious throughout the last film, so at the last minute, you're told that Ren's father was in the force, and Ren is in the wrong side of the battle between good and bad. Like Skywalker before him, he was consumed by rage and hunger for power.

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
So...I'm wrong?

Everyone who has/had the Force has been an
incredibly successful and balanced individual?
No, and that's because there'd be no point in watching these movies if the characters were perfect in every way and breezed through their enemies without a care in the world.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
No, and that's because there'd be no point in watching these movies if the characters were perfect in every way and breezed through their enemies without a care in the world.
However, the films portray most, if not all characters as perfect. Like Lady Skywalker, she looked like the most perfect princess in the film, but you learn that she is just a normal person who has a heart, and wants a kingdom for herself in some shape or form.

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
However, the films portray most, if not all characters as perfect. Like Lady Skywalker, she looked like the most perfect princess in the film, but you learn that she is just a normal person who has a heart, and wants a kingdom for herself in some shape or form.
The only character that I can think of being portrayed as "perfect" is Rey. Everyone else is depicted losing a battle or making mistakes at one point or another.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
The only character that I can think of being portrayed as "perfect" is Rey. Everyone else is depicted losing a battle or making mistakes at one point or another.
Funny thing is, I feel the opposite. Like Leia, Padmé, and the new lady Skywalker.

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Funny thing is, I feel the opposite. Like Leia, Padmé, and the new lady Skywalker.
Padme falls in love with a Jedi and pursues the relationship despite it being scandalous and despite Anakin admitting to her that he killed children. She later on dies of sadness. SADNESS!

Leia gets captured and has to rely on Luke to rescue her twice. Perfect characters don't need rescuing, let alone on two separate occasions.

The "new lady Skywalker" is Rey. Start calling her Rey, please. It's far more clear as there are many characters that can accurately be labeled "lady Skywalker".

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Padme falls in love with a Jedi and pursues the relationship despite it being scandalous and despite Anakin admitting to her that he killed children. She later on dies of sadness. SADNESS!

Leia gets captured and has to rely on Luke to rescue her twice. Perfect characters don't need rescuing, let alone on two separate occasions.

The "new lady Skywalker" is Rey. Start calling her Rey, please. It's far more clear as there are many characters that can accurately be labeled "lady Skywalker".
Reads wikipedia to remember things all over again.

EDIT: Ah, Rey is the lady, Ren is the man. *scratches head* Why did they even make similar names in here. Fucking shitheads.

• Haha
Reactions: MildlyUpsetGerbil

Patriot Pants

LDW Champion (855+ days)
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
I'm a die-hard Star Wars fan, but I wouldn't want to be a force user. It'd be cool, but I think I'd rather just be a pilot (I'll take my chances dying like Porkins)

But regarding your "Force users are failures" I'd have to disagree.

Just because a Jedi and Sith die via Lightsaber or blaster doesn't mean they're failures. It'd suck for them to be all powerful space wizards who fight each other and one of them never dies. Imagine if RoTS Anakin and Dooku fought forever, never gaining ground against one another. While it'd be cool, it'd get boring after so long. So why not have someone get cut in half or stabbed by a plasma sword?

Plus ya gotta think about all the Jedi getting slaughtered via Order 66. Now I dunno about you but if I saw the entire order get gunned down by the clones I fought beside, I'd probably go into hiding too. Now sure, you could come out of hiding and fight the Empire like some Jedi did, but then you'd attract Vader ... Which ... would not end well.
(Check the Vader comics, I highly recommend them)

But you are right somewhat, the Jedi DID fail. They let their ancient rules and views cloud their vision, thus letting Sheev Palpatine crawl in under their noses.
(I really dislike the Jedi Order's rules back in those days by the way)

As for the Sith ... Well the rule of two was smarter than having a bunch of apprentices around like back in the old Republic days. Lots of apprentice on apprentice murder, lemme tell you.
Plus they did, as Darth Maul put it "Have their revenge" as Palpatine came to power, effectively stopping the Jedi in their tracks.
So that's pretty successful if you ask me lol

All in all, calling them failures isn't really right. But I can see why you'd think so man

"The greatest teacher, failure is." - Yoda

I'd rather be a Poe Dameron or Han Solo than a Jedi.

Reactions: MildlyUpsetGerbil

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
I'm a die-hard Star Wars fan, but I wouldn't want to be a force user. It'd be cool, but I think I'd rather just be a pilot (I'll take my chances dying like Porkins)

But regarding your "Force users are failures" I'd have to disagree.

Just because a Jedi and Sith die via Lightsaber or blaster doesn't mean they're failures. It'd suck for them to be all powerful space wizards who fight each other and one of them never dies. Imagine if RoTS Anakin and Dooku fought forever, never gaining ground against one another. While it'd be cool, it'd get boring after so long. So why not have someone get cut in half or stabbed by a plasma sword?

Plus ya gotta think about all the Jedi getting slaughtered via Order 66. Now I dunno about you but if I saw the entire order get gunned down by the clones I fought beside, I'd probably go into hiding too. Now sure, you could come out of hiding and fight the Empire like some Jedi did, but then you'd attract Vader ... Which ... would not end well.
(Check the Vader comics, I highly recommend them)

But you are right somewhat, the Jedi DID fail. They let their ancient rules and views cloud their vision, thus letting Sheev Palpatine crawl in under their noses.
(I really dislike the Jedi Order's rules back in those days by the way)

As for the Sith ... Well the rule of two was smarter than having a bunch of apprentices around like back in the old Republic days. Lots of apprentice on apprentice murder, lemme tell you.
Plus they did, as Darth Maul put it "Have their revenge" as Palpatine came to power, effectively stopping the Jedi in their tracks.
So that's pretty successful if you ask me lol

All in all, calling them failures isn't really right. But I can see why you'd think so man

"The greatest teacher, failure is." - Yoda

I'd rather be a Poe Dameron or Han Solo than a Jedi.
By your thesis, it's basically a circle that never stops. A cycle that never stops. Dog eats dog. Cats eat cats. Until one day, dogs eat cats, and vice versa. That is the point of the Star Wars/Trek/Big [sci-fi] Franchise.

Reactions: Patriot Pants