Smoky Mountain Wrestling

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

newmie

Reaction score
Jim Cornette resigned from TNA. He felt that TNA was going in the wrong direction, and he wanted no part of it… But what to do now? He would never rejoin the WWE. He felt no need to pick up and move his family to Mexico or Japan… Then he had it… With the help of friend Ben Newman and his financial backing, they would reform Cornette’s former Wrestling League… Smoky Mountain Wrestling! But… what wrestlers would sign on…

SmwLogo.jpg

Roster
(face, heel)
Wrestlers
Bam-Bam LaRouche
Perhaps better known as Bam Neely of WWE fame, the former bodyguard of Chavo Guerrero has now joined Smoky Mountain Wrestling as the partner of his new mentor
Bill DeMott.

Bill DeMott
Formerly known as Hugh G. Rection and Hugh Morris in WCW and WWE, Bill DeMott has signed on with SMW and is partner with his new protégé Bam-Bam LaRouche.

Bob Holly
Better known as Hardcore Holly from the WWE, this ring veteran has rejoined SMW as one of the SMW alumni. The veteran is looking to become w World Champion.

Brian Kendrick
The man formerly known as ‘The’. Brian Kendrick requested his release from the WWE citing lack of push as his reason. He has signed on with SMW in the hopes to propel him to superstardom.

Brian Lawler
Formerly known as Grand Master Sexay and Brian Christopher in the WWF/E, the son of the legendary Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler is looking to put his troubled past behind him and reinvigorate his wrestling career in SMW.

Brian Myers
Formerly known as Brian Major and Curt Hawkins, Myers now going by his real name has joined SMW with his former tag team partner after both requesting there release from the WWE.

The Bull
Better known as Johnny Stamboli and Johnny the Bull in WWE and WCW, The Bull has joined SMW to make up for his so far lacklustre wrestling career in the states.

D’Lo Brown
D’Lo has decided to go back to where it all began for him in Smoky Mountain Wrestling along with a new tag team partner in Rodney Mack.

Ken Doane
Better known as Kenny Dykstra in the WWE, Doane now going by his real name is looking to put is once promising career back on track.

Ken Anderson
The former Mr. Kennedy of WWE fame has joined SMW with a chip on his shoulder along with a new tag team partner.

Lance McNaught
Formerly known as Lance Cade in the WWE, McNaught has joined SMW under his real name and is looking to have a very successful singles career.

Little Guido
This former WWE (as Nunzio) and ECW superstar has joined SMW with long time tag team partner Tony Mamaluke.

Mark Jindrak
The former WCW and WWE star has come back to the USA and has quickly signed on with SMW.

Matt Bentley
Former TNA wrestler Matt Bentley has signed on with SMW with a new tag team partner in Shannon Moore.

Matt Cardona
Formerly known as Brett Major and Zack Ryder in the WWE, going under his real name Cardona is looking to make an impact after being release by the WWE.

Mike DiBiase
Son of the Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase, Mike is looking to become a superstar and continue his family’s legacy.

Nic Nemeth
The biggest surprise to join SMW, Nic Nemeth, perhaps better known as Nicky or Dolph Ziggler in the WWE, was abruptly released by the WWE and he along with Ken Anderson are on a mission to bring down the WWE by joining SMW.

Paul London
Former WWE cruiserweight Champion, London is looking to continue his career with SMW.

Ray Gordy
Probably better known as Jesse in the WWE, he is the son of former Freebird Terry Gordy, and is looking to begin a fantastic wrestling career under his real name.

Rodney Mack
This former WWE wrestler has signed on with SMW after a small stint in MMA, and will be tagging with D’Lo Brown.

Shannon Moore
Shannon Moore has signed on with SMW’s tag team division with new partner Matt Bentley.

Shawn Stasiak
The son of for WWWF Champion Stan ‘The Man’ Stasiak, and former WCW and WWE star in his own right, Shawn Stasiak is looking to become a World Champion in SMW.

Tony Mamaluke
Former ECW and WWE wrestler has signed on with SMW with Little Guido.

William Murdoch
Better known as Trevor Murdoch in WWE and Jethro Holliday in TNA, Murdoch is trying to revamp his career after quitting TNA. He is looking to take after his former mentor Harley Race and become a numerous time world champion, and has shaved the sideburns and ridded himself of his redneck gimmick to do so.

Managers
Ashley Massaro
Massaro has returned to wrestling to manage the Thrillseekers tag team of Matt Bentley and Shannon Moore.

Lacey Von Erich
The 3rd Generation Von Erich has joined SMW to manage the Brotherhood tag team of Brian Myers and Matt Cardona.

Michael ‘P.S’ Hayes
Michael Hayes was released from his position with the WWE and joined SMW at the request of long time friend Jim Cornette, and will take Brian Kendrick under his wing, as well as provide colour commentary.

Tammy Lynn Sytch
Formerly known as Sunny in the WWF/E, Tammy has joined SMW and will be managing the Superstar Blondes tag team of Ken Anderson and Nic Nemeth.

Ron Simmons
Formerly known as Faarooq in the WWF/E, Simmons has joined SMW to manage the team of Lo Down.

Tag Teams/Stables

Brian Kendrick and Michaels Hayes
The Brotherhood: Brian Myers and Matt Cardona w/ Lacey Von Erich
The Bruisers: Bam-Bam LaRouche and Bill DeMott
Kiss of Death: Little Guido and Tony Mamaluke
Lo Down: D’Lo Brown and Rodney Mack w/ Ron Simmons
Superstar Blondes: Ken Anderson and Nic Nemeth w/ Tammy Lynn Sytch
Thrillseekers: Matt Bentley and Shannon Moore w/Ashley Massaro

SMW Personnel

Owners: Jim Cornette and Ben Newman
Commissioner: Jim Cornette
Play By Play Commentator: Kevin Kelly
Colour Commentator: Al Snow, Michael Hayes
Referees: Jimmy Korderas, Brian Hebner, Mike Posey and Nick Patrick

SMW Championships

World Heavyweight Championship
Vacant

World Light Heavyweight Championship
Vacant

World Tag Team Championships
Vacant

United States Championship
Vacant

Pay-Per-View Events

February: Night of Legends
April: Fire on the Mountain
June: Summer Blast
August: WrestleBash
October: Halloween Scream
December: Christmas Chaos​

connorten

Reaction score
Don't much about a lot of these wrestlers, but the back story is very interesting and I hope you stick with this one. Looks good and best of luck to you.

The Rated R CMStar

A very interesting roster to say the least. That's practically it. Nice work by not going unrealistic with the selection of the roster and talent. I'll be reviewing to see how you handle the roster. You already know the rest, stay active, have fun, and review other BTBs.

seX-Power

Interesting backstory to say the least, and I respect the realism you applied with the rosters, as no real big names jumped ship. I'm curious towards who will end up where on the card, and it looks overall good.

Andrew~Walker

Reaction score
A very unique roster and whats even better is that it makes sense. I am anxious to see what kind of stars you can produce from your roster. I look forward to the first show.

newmie

Reaction score
Smoky Mountain Wrestling Preview

Confirmed Matches:

World Light Heavyweight Championship Match
Paul London vs. Brian Kendrick

United States Championship Match
Shawn Stasiak vs. Brian Lawler

World Tag Team Championship Tournament Matches

Superstar Blondes vs. 'Lo Down

The Brotherhood vs. Kiss of Death

The Bruisers vs. The Thrillseekers

Evil Austin

You probably should have given some more information in your preview, instead of just saying who is facing who, you should give some insight and hype into the matches to make people want to read the show... just a heads up for next time.

Though your card does have some decent matchups and good luck with it, I am not to familiar with some of the names but Ill drop by and have a look at it.

World Light Heavyweight Championship Match
Paul London vs. Brian Kendrick

United States Championship Match
Shawn Stasiak vs. Brian Lawler

World Tag Team Championship Tournament Matches

Superstar Blondes vs. 'Lo Down

The Brotherhood vs. Kiss of Death

The Bruisers vs. The Thrillseekers

Chance

Reaction score
I love this roster, I think it's great. Aside from a few IWC darlings (like Kennedy) you've got a slew of over-looked and under-used wrestlers, which is something I find very interesting and greatly entertaining.

I think the direction and style you've taken on with Smokey Mountain is brilliant - no huge, impossible-to-get stars, no massive hardcore ressurection. I'm looking forward to reading your first show.