Small church/wrestling rant

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

Ok, I just want to open this up with the fact that I dont go to church very often at all. As a matter of fact, today is the first time I went in months. I personally am not sure If I beleive in God or not, but thats beside the point. What I am getting to, is the fact that our pastor's sermon/message really pissed me off to no end. It was entitled "What is wrong in the world today?" He went on to talk about various things, including the war in Iraq, people believing in church or not, and then he came to sports. He talked about Michael Vik, and the Patriots and shit, then came to wrestling. I was like, WOW. And then he went into about a 5 min speech about Benoit and steriods. Isnt church supposed to be about God, not steriods and wrestling? Anyway, what really irked the fuck outta me is the fact that he went on to say that pro wrestling is the worst thing in pro sports. At that point, I almost got up outta my seat and went up there and said something. But no, being the nice person that I am, I just got up and walked out on my parents and that douchebag.

I still dont even want to think about that, much less that it happened in a church. So what are you thoughts on this? Comments.....?

Fatal 55

Reaction score
I'd be pissed as well!... Maybe not walk out but i'd still be like in my mind "STFU You Preaching Twat"! Afterall, he doesn't have a clue about anything & just stereotypes the sport as "The Worst Thing On The Planet"!

I Used to go to church, but not for myself, just to please my parents... Me & My brother would always goof about. Nowadays all the family goes except me because first i don't belive in half the shit, secondly it's over half an hour's drive so i Can't be arsed! & Thirdly we got 2 wake up at 8 o clock & i'd rather lye in on sunday. I go every now & then but rarely agree with what's going on!

& why make an example out of wrestling, afterall it isn't a legit sport. I'm sure they could've gone on about "Boxing" or "Ultimate Fighting" but nope... Idiots!

PeepShow

Exactly. They just bring up wrestling b/c of what one person did. (Benoit) Its just asinine is my book.

Reaction score
I got to church every chance I get and am a believer....but I've met people like that who use any kind of excuse or news report to try and explain what their trying to say and go completly off topic......it really pisses me off