SmackDown watchers (I feel bad for you): what's the show like now?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I haven't watched SmackDown for around one and a half years probably. The show was awful and didn't contribute anything other than minuscule updates for some feuds (not top feuds). I felt like I was just tuning in to watch RAW recaps and commercials.

How is the show now? Is it still the same? How's it coping without a main title? Who frequently main events it?

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Bryan, Shield and Wyatts are regular main eventers with guys like the Usos somethings main eventing. Its a lot better and adds quite a bit to feuds.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Nothing like 2000 Smackdowns, but it's much better than it was a while back. You got the tag champs usually appearing, the mid-card belts appearing, as well as some other talents, sometimes squash matches, but they actually try to build up feuds rather than just randomly throw in matches (albeit that does happen but it doesn't waste too much time)

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
I like watching Smackdown CrayCray. Still some good matches on there from time to time. Enjoyed Bryan vs. Cesaro in the EC build

Last edited:
Reactions: Wacokid27

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
it's 50/50, but a lot better. I usually skip through most of the show and read spoilers to know what to watch for. Wyatt promo's alone are worth checking the show out for.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
They've put a couple pretty good matches on there, I remember them having a pretty weird show not too long ago I wanna say like two/three weeks ago but overall idk I like it. Would not be opposed to them making it live though instead of being ruined before Friday :)

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I enjoy it...but I don't read spoilers.

I've never understood people who dislike Smackdown, in all honesty. It's like they didn't know what to do with it right after the brand split effectively ended (sometimes they didn't seem to know what to do with it during the brand split either), but it's a decent show now. I think a lot of smarks deride it based wholly on the spoilers and never bother to watch. That seems to defeat the purpose to me.

As mentioned, they have some pretty decent tag and midcard matches for the main events and, during the build to EC, some good matches between Cesaro and Orton and Christian and Orton (that two-and-a-half week gauntlet that Orton ran was actually very well done). Lately, they seem to be making a push to make it better and it's working.

I wouldn't mind, however, if it were broadcast live, though.

wk

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
Eddie Guerrero should still be on it... that would make me watch.