Smackdown Viewership on high due to Punk?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Friday’s episode of WWE SmackDown, which featured an advertised appearance by CM Punk, scored a 1.83 cable rating. This is essentially flat with a 1.82 rating the week before and a 1.83 rating for the Oct. 4 edition.

The program averaged 2,640,000 viewers over the course of two hours, an improvement of eight percent. It was the show’s most viewers since last month.

While the rating for SmackDown was practically even with the Oct. 11 episode, there were strong viewership increases in the younger male demographics. On cable television for the night, Smackdown ranked No. 5 in overall viewers.

Source: Pwmania

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I'm not sure that's the case, I'm sure the number fluctuate a bit and 8% doesn't seem like much of an increase. But it's a possibility, they did advertise it on Raw.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Yes but it's not because it's punk, as much as it being any fucking star bigger than Kofi Kingston.

Seriously, Smackdown is the midcard and Main Event has been > Smackdown as of late. Watch smackdown and turn the volume down, 99% of the fans are seated and not doing shit. Rochester MN is a smackdown deal so if you ever see me, ill be the asshole with a sign shouting shitty comments at someone like punk. Smackdown is garbage, they need to fix that shit. Period. The spoilers will be out in a couple hours.