SmackDown! Star Moving To ECW Brand?, Survivor Series Airing..

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

vickymania

Reaction score
Pwmania.com

-- Local advertisements for the December 11th ECW & SmackDown! tapings are listing MVP as an ECW wrestler rather then a SmackDown! wrestler on the roster line-up for this event. This can either indicate that he will become an ECW star in the upcoming weeks, or this could simply be an advertisement error.

With MVP being the current United States Champion and Tag-Team champion with Matt Hardy, one would figure that he would have to drop those titles to make the transaction to ECW if that were to take place.

-- Comcast on Demand in Philadelphia is featuring a 31-minute Survivor Series show, showing the best moments and matches.

If the news about MVP is true then its a big news..i have no idea if they did it by mistake or not..but i dont think MVP will like the idea of dropping both his titles like this..
comments..

phantomgerald

He could lose to Hardy on CyberSunday, and then cause the team to lose the title and he could move to ECW. It might be a mistake, but I'd like to see MVP at ECW.

Fatal 55

Reaction score
Even if he didn't have the titles ATM, i can smell BS from a mile away!

There's no logic or point of moving him "Down" in a manner when he's one of the only reasons people watch Smacky-Backy anymore! MVP Ain't going nowhere! Advertising mistake guranteed!

*Waits for the "Jump 2 Conclusion" band-wagon 2 arrive!*

JHar888

Reaction score
Damn it, give anybody over to ECW than MVP! Why not a REAL black wrestler?! Shelton Benjamin damn it!

Me: (on the phone) WWE PLEASE! If you can hear my now, please, please, don't f*** up the product anymore.
Mr. McMahon: We're giving MVP over to ECW.
Me: FUCK!

phantomgerald

What's wrong with moving him over to ECW? Maybe send Burke the other way to appease fans. But with the thing that SD-ECW have where wrestlers can wrestle at both sides, I don't see how much difference it would make.

HHHforever

Reaction score
Well I agree with both brands going both ways this probably wouldn't be a big deal. However moving MVP to ECW full time would just simply be Blue. First of all ECW is already top heavy, there are 5 wrestler that are ready to win or compete for the ECW championship. They are CM Punk(current champ), John Morrision, Big Daddy V, Tommy Dreamer, Elijah Burke, and I guess you could throw the Miz in there even though I hate him so I suppose you could say there are 6 guys ready for the ECW title. Now you throw MVP in there and you have 7 main event guys and like what 2 mid carders, Thorn and Boogeyman. This would be idiotic and terrible for MVP's career. What they need to do is bring in young talent to beef up the ECW roster. I personally really like ECW and think they do a pretty good job with the limited roster that they have. Anyway this is probably just a mistake in a commercial anyway so really no reason to panic, but if this did happen it would be the worst thing that could happen to MVP and it would hurt Smackdown.

The Ripper

Reaction score
Well i have seen the video on you tube that shows the mistake, and the only good that could comeout of this move is that he gets the ECW title and has a chance to provehe is world title material.

The Rated R CMStar

I would only agree if he goes, feuds with CM Punk and wins the ECW Title, but if that doesn't happens, no, hell no. He currently is Smackdown, his feud is the best, so I don't see why he would get moved

Fatal 55

Reaction score
What's wrong with moving him over to ECW? Maybe send Burke the other way to appease fans. But with the thing that SD-ECW have where wrestlers can wrestle at both sides, I don't see how much difference it would make.

MVP > Burke... That's why.

WWE want to showcase there better talents on the show which gathers more exposure. For instance, Your not going to put the most over guy down to the "C Show". The same goes for putting a "Green" guy such as Burke on a show which get's much more exposure. The truth is, no matter how much i think Burke is awesome, the fact is that he's not ready yet by far.

Also doesn't your idea of just "Trading" or "Swapping" from brand-to-brands defeats the purpose of the Brand Extension in the first place. Why do people always suggest "Trading" just like that without thinking of consuquences. This is why the WWE Draft means nothing now!

I would rant some more, but no matter what I or anybody else says, people don't bother reading the sensible post's & just assume that the beginning of the thread is correct! 5'er nobody bother'ed to read this!

kingovkings

Reaction score
OMG that would be shit mvp is the nuts and 1 of the only reasons i watch smacky well him and a few other taker batista thats bout it. MVP is mint he is funny as fxxk and got wicked mic skills no good would come of him going over to ECW it a step backwards not forward. Hope its not true

vickymania

Reaction score
i think ECW will gain a lot if MVP moves in..everyone is kinda getting bored now watching Punk,Burke,Morrison, Daddy V and others every week..his inclusion will heat up the ECW championship..as for MVP,he'll get the chance to become heavyweight champion..he might take up the offer and move to ECW.

Weebo

Reaction score
i think they should use ECW to get all the guys from OVW move upper level TV time. Almost using for a more advance training class, working closely with OVW.