Smackdown Spoilers: June 8

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Alberto Del Rio opens with a recap of his attack on Sheamus on Raw. Ricardo Rodriguez is missing. Sheamus’s music hits, but it’s Rodriguez dressed up like Sheamus, including bright white tights and shirt to emulate Sheamus’s skin. He does a hilarious imitation of Sheamus as Del Rio interviews him. The real Sheamus comes out, and they end up brawling up the ramp. Teddy Long appears, dressed in a normal (for him, not for the rest of us) suit but with the big nametag. He says that the show is in his hands tonight, per John Laurinaitis, and he’s booking Sheamus vs. Kane as the main event and Del Rio vs. Khali to open the show immediately.

(1) Alberto Del Rio beat The Great Khali via submission. Del Rio attacks Khali’s knees, then softens the arm, and Khali taps to the cross arm-breaker. Rodriguez interferes a bit, too. Typical “smaller heel beats Khali by attacking the knees” match. The crowd goers nuts for Khali, I don’t get it.

Baskstage, Naomi and Cameron dance for Teddy Long, and then Brodus Clay shows up. Long tells him that he is now permanently on Smackdown. Clay gets serious and says that he will treat his opponent tonight as if he is Big Show.

(2) Brodus Clay beat Derrick Bateman. Bateman gets squashed by Clay in a minute or two, then Clay dances with kids. I am a huge fan of both of these guys, but I was sad to see Bateman tossed out here like this.

(3) Sin Cara beat Drew McIntyre. This was basically a spotfest to make Sin Cara look good. McIntyre did his role like a pro. Sin Cara botched one move badly and McIntyre acted like it connected, very awkward. Sin Cara won with his DDT finisher.

Post-match (and not likely to go on TV from what I can tell), McIntyre cut a promo demanding that an authority figure come out and explain why he isn’t in the main event status. Triple H came out, hit a Pedigree, and left again.

(4) Ryback beat Two Local Jobbers. You’ve seen this match before. Of course, the jobbers were from Clemson to get the Columbia audience riled up. Ryback changed it up a bit to keep the match formula fresh. The crowd loves Ryback, lots of “Feed! Me! More!” and “Finish It!” chants.

The crew was setting up for the Peep Show, but deliberately didn’t finish in time so Cody Rhodes could come out and destroy the half-assembled set. He ranted about Christian, who then came out. Rhodes reminds everyone that Christian was last seen as a heel, and says that no one is buying it. Christian finally explains his turn, and says that when he inducted Edge into the HOF, he had a moment of clarity and realized that he wants to be remembered for being a winner of championships, not someone who always whined for “one more match.” Good for them to do this. Dolph Ziggler interrupted for his match with Christian.

(5) IC champion Christian beat Dolph Ziggler in a non-title match. Good, long match. Christian won at the end with the frog splash. The crowd struggled to get into it, though.

Raw Rebound.

Michael Cole got on the mic and asked everyone to “move on” past the mess from Monday. JR’s music hit and the crowd went NUTS. Hornswoggle came out dressed as JR, and people were pretty disappointed, actually. He bantered with Cole. Damien Sandow came out and verbally eviscerated Hornswoggle. Quote of the night: “I am the avenging sword of taste and decency.” I want a shirt that says that. Tyson Kidd saves Hornswoggle, and Sandow leaves the ring. As Kidd and Hornswoggle celebrate, Sandow sneaks back in and beats up Kidd, hitting his neckbreaker finisher and doing the lazy sprawl on Kidd, then a cartwheel.

Backstage, Striker interviews Kane. Basic “I’m going to get the title” promo from Kane. Striker asks about the look between Kane and A.J. on Raw, and Kane ignores it and stomps off. A.J. then appears from behind some crates. Wow, she’s stealing Johnny Curtis’s gimmick!

Teddy Long on the ramp introduces Antonio Cesaro and “his lover, Aksana."

(6) Antonio Cesaro (w/Aksana) beat Jimmy Uso. Quick squash for Cesaro, who looked like a million bucks in victory. They forced Teddy Long to raise his hand at the end.

(7) World Hvt. champion Sheamus beat Kane via DQ. About what you’d expect, right down to the DQ finish as Del Rio cleared Kane from the ring and beat up Sheamus. Kane re-entered, cleared Del Rio, but then A.J. made eyes at him from the ramp, letting Sheamus beat up Kane and send him packing.

Close show.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_62128.shtml

4 squash matches on one show plus a Khali match can kiss my ass, but this doesn't look that bad. Rhodes destroying the set, Sandow and Cole ripping into Hornswoggle in one segment, Ricardo being a boss, a Sheamful win actually furthering a storyline, AJ, and a Christian/Dolph match means there's plenty that I'd want to see.

Oh, and something resembling a Tyson Kidd push. :yes:

#PushMcintyre

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
:dafuq: do they want bad ratings or something? I seriously hope the rumor of Vince demanding changes to creative are true cause at the moment it looks like Stephanie wants to ruin her fathers product. :facepalm1:

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Reaction score
Which post did you see, Stopspot? The long version looks a lot better than the short one.

Stopspot

Reaction score
I saw the short one. Now that I've seen the long one I'm not that pissed and it actually looks like a decent Smackdown. Wonder if they'll let Sandow and Kidd feud. That feud could be boss quality.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Just saw this on the link listed:

Best Pops:

- Lilian Garcia (no lie, the roof blew off for her!)
- Triple H
- Great Khali
- Finish of the post-taping dark match (Arn Anderson low-blows Kane, Brogue Kick, Pin)
- Sheamus
- Ryback

Best Heat:

- Michael Cole
- Alberto Del Rio
- Damien Sandow
- Drew McIntyre

:dafuq:

Stopspot

Reaction score
I's Lilians hometown. Of course she will get hometown pop.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Lol at you thinking Drew is getting a push. He got the Miz/Ryder treatment, the random HHH pedigree.

This show is one of the worst SmackDown's this year and that's an achievement. I'll watch opening segment for Ricardo, Ryback and then Christian/Rhodes probably.

William

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Khali needs to hang up the boots. He's just terrible and is going to injure someone again. He's already killed one person in the ring and he's just been terrible lately and won't suprise me if he seriously injures somebody next. (The death wasn't fully he's fault, The guy had a concussion and the doctors cleared him to compete. He smashed the back of his head and died because of it.)

This Smackdown just sounds terrible. I usually enjoy Smackdown more because they have better wrestling but like stated above 4 squash matches in one show. No thanks.

acailler

Reaction score
I'm loving this AJ thing! It has sooo many layers too it...it's as if "Creative" are giving a crap!

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
This sounds awesome:

Alberto Del Rio opens with a recap of his attack on Sheamus on Raw. Ricardo Rodriguez is missing. Sheamus’s music hits, but it’s Rodriguez dressed up like Sheamus, including bright white tights and shirt to emulate Sheamus’s skin. He does a hilarious imitation of Sheamus as Del Rio interviews him.
----

Too bad the real Sheamus had to show up and ruin it.