Smackdown Spoilers: June 29th (MITB Qualifying, Triple Threat WHC)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
1. Layla defeated A.J. in a non-title match. Daniel Bryan showed up and chanted "Yes!" which distracted A.J. and cost her the match. While Bryan and A.J. argued and dueling "Yes!" chants occurred, Vickie Guerrero showed up to massive heat.

Bryan said he wants A.J. banned from ringside at Money in the Bank. Vickie said a WWE website poll said 75 percent of the fans want A.J. to be the guest referee at Money in the Bank. Nick wrote that Vickie said A.J. will be special referee for the match. Vickie also announced that qualifying matches would occur to determine Money in the Bank match competitors.

2. Damien Sandow defeated Zack Ryder in a Money in the Bank qualifying match. Sandow rolled up Ryder for the three. He was supposed to have his feet on the ropes, but he missed the spot. The referee restarted the match. Sandow won with his finisher. One can only assume that they will edit the finish.

3. Tyson Kidd defeated Jack Swagger in a Money in the Bank qualifier. A big win for Kidd, who joins Sandow in the Smackdown version of the MITB match.

After the match, Swagger cut a promo about his hair and was interrupted by Jerry "The King" Lawler, who knocked him down and fist-dropped him off the ropes. It was unclear whether this will be on the show.

In a backstage segment, Dolph Ziggler told Vickie to ban the Brogue Kick and the Cross Arm Breaker in the main event, but she slapped him when he told her he was more important than her. After that he said it was okay, but he wanted her to introduce him tonight and raise his hand as the World Heavyweight Champion.

4. Santino Marella and Christian defeated Cody Rhodes and David Otunga in a Money in the Bank qualifier. Christian pinned Otunga with a spear. Santino and Christian both earned MITB spots.

David Otunga told Evansville that he wouldn't leave without flexing a few times. He was stopped by Triple H, who let Otunga pose a few times and then Pedigreed him. This is unlikely to appear on TV. Booker T got a shot in after Otunga spilled to the floor and then got in the ring and did the Spinarooni. Also, the only shirt they are sold out of is the pink Dolph Ziggler shirt.

In a backstage segment, Daniel Bryan talked to A.J. She killed it with her performance again.

5. Ryback beat a pair of local wrestlers. They jobbers were billed as being from Henderson, Kentucky, which got massive heat. There was a very loud "Feed Me More" chant that broke out, which was awesome.

Teddy Long announced that he will be the general manager for next week's Raw and Smackdown television shows. He said Antonio Cesaro and Aksana will team up to face Layla and The Great Khali on the live Smackdown.

6. Tensai (w/Sakamoto) beat Justin Gabriel in Money in the Bank qualifier. A convincing win for Tensai. It was interesting to see Sakamoto was at ringside with Tensai, as apparently the beating did nothing to dissuade his loyalty.

7. Sheamus defeated Dolph Ziggler and Alberto Del Rio in a Triple Threat match to retain the World Hvt. Championship. A good TV main event with good near finishes. The actual finish came when Ziggler had Del Rio rolled up, but Sheamus hit him with the Brogue Kick. Sheamus threw Del Rio out of the ring and then pinned Ziggler.

Zach

Emma Watson ♥ ♥ ♥
Reaction score
If Tyson Kidd wins the MITB match, I will cry. :yay:

Reactions: Asskicker

Snowman1

Reaction score
I almost cried seeing he was in there. Tyson Kidd Push FTW!

But the MITB Match is Tyson, Santino, Sandow, Tensai, and Christian, may be more to come. That's not much better than the Raw one tbh. Tyson and Christian, yay. Santino and Tensai won't do anything in there, and Sandow's a complete wild-card.

Reactions: Asskicker

Zach

Emma Watson ♥ ♥ ♥
Reaction score
It'd be absolutely epic. :win:

Santino, Tensai, and Christian are just filler spots if you ask me, since Tensai is fat and Santino and Christian already hold championships....

I think they are saving the last slot for Barrett or Mysterio, and whoever it is will probably win it as much as I hate to say it. :upset:

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Meh, still trumps the RAW one imo.

This doesn't look too bad or good. Some shit moments, won't watch the ME. Will watch Ryder, glad he's getting over. Will watch Kidd push too. The rest I'll most likely skip.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
PISSED you wasted my time. Tyson/sandow/adr/DZ now. Winner loses to sheamus again. DONT mark unless it worth marking for. Sorry just really butthurt it's just another match. Its like saying MARKIN FOR RAW...DB BIG NEWS, and that he beat CM and Kane in a nontitle match. Butthurt.

Snowman1

Reaction score
You knew DZ wasn't going to win. The Great White Burying Machine rambles on, and Ziggler continues to be a glorified jobber. Just as we all thought. Never said anything about DZ btw.

Usually on Smackdown, nothing good happens. But I speak for many people on this site that anything representing a Tyson Kidd push is something we've all been waiting for. It's long overdue. Plus we get a MITB Match that looks really unpredictable... maybe not really good, but really unpredictable. Hopefully Dolph finds a way in there.

As for the DB thing, him actually going over someone is big news. He's a heel in a company full of 8-Year-Olds running Creative. Heels can't win.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
You hurt my feelings, as we all know DZ deserves that random win. Getting excited for Kidd is the same deal, he makes others looks great and has a huge match, but is irrelevant, and wont even be in the pin. It's like saying oh great Dolphs is going to beat Seabs, but realizing both will job to the brothers crayo. Pointless and painful to see.

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Smackdown MitB is shaping up to be 10x better than Raw's but Tensai is going to bury the fuck out of the talents getting pushed in the match.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
This money in the bank is good. A hell of a lot better then Raw's shitty one. Regardless of Tensai and Santino, the other wrestlers will make this entertaining.

army_george

Jobber
Reaction score
isnt rey on suspension for breaking the wellness policy? why would they push him when he makes a comeback?

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
army_george said:
isnt rey on suspension for breaking the wellness policy? why would they push him when he makes a comeback?

He is scheduled to return next week and WWE is going to push both him and Orton when he returns as to lighten the load of the current main eventers like Cena, Punk and Sheamus. Punk has been pulling double duty at house shows for both brands for example.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Rey will get pushed as he is a merch machine for the kids as well.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I love reading the spoilers after watching the show, just to see the random non-televised burials. HHH and King, with Booker joining the fun as well. Otunga did those poses before his match here in Brazil a month ago, so I guess they were testing it or something.

Ziggler's shirt sold out? Cool. Real chant for Ryback, very nice to know of as well... Tyson Kidd winning? Awesome! Really liked to see it, but he'll probably just be there to do a few high spots. Well, still may mean a push for him or something. And about MITB, Cody Rhodes was complaining about not being pinned and that he should be in the match. I think this might lead to Rhodes entering the match somehow.

Also, Swagger seems to be in a "downward spiral" storyline, or something similar. I hope he turns face.