Smackdown Spoilers: June 27

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
SmackDown is getting setup. Booker T comes out to a nice pop while Michael Cole gets his usual heat.

The Miz’s music hits and he comes out to his usual heat. His title win on RAW is recapped. There are lots of boos, mixed in with some cheers. Miz thanks the “peeps” for their vote that helped him get his match. Christian interrupts. Christian wants a rematch tonight. Rematch to take place now.

Christian vs. The Miz: Christian controlling the match early. Miz recovers and goes to work. Lots of boos. Miz threw Christian out to the wall and almost wins via countout. Miz is back in control for a bit, but Christian comes around. Christian going to the mid-rope, but Miz recovers. Both battle and Miz goes down. Christian comes off the top but Miz nails him as he comes down. Crowd is behind Christian as he recovers. Christian is now in control and there are lots of two counts. Very back and forth. Good match. Crowd into it as Christian goes for the Killswitch. Miz escapes and hits his DDT. Miz to the middle rope and is pulled down. Christian is calling for spear and Miz rolls out of the ring. Both are back in the ring and it’s back and forth again. Miz then rolls up Christian for the win. Miz is your winner, and still champion, via pinfall.

There will be a four-way contender match with Kane, Alberto Del Rio, Rey Mysterio and Daniel Bryan. Cody Rhodes vs. Sheamus is also announced for tonight.

Jinder Mahal vs. Ryback: Mahal actually lays some hits and tries for a pin. Crowd is not amused. Mahal still controlling the match. “Goldberg” chants start and Ryback takes over. He hits a solid spinebuster and Mahal rolls out of the ring and starts up the ramp. The match is over, Ryback wins by countout. Ryback is not happy and chants, “feed me more!”

A recap is shown of the CM Punk – John Cena match from last night, all the way through the Rock coming in and getting clotheslined by Punk.

A recap of the six man tag match from last night is shown. Sheamus comes out to a big pop. Cody Rhodes is out second and the match is on.

Sheamus vs. Cody Rhodes: Sheamus is in control though the early portion of the match. Dolph Ziggler hits the floor with the briefcase… and dropped it. Lol. Cody goes to work and Ziggler is slowly going around to the announcer table eyeballing the ring. Cody continues to work Sheamus over. A couple of kickouts, but Rhodes is still very much in control. Cody applies a headlock, but Sheamus comes alive. Rhodes finds another opportunity and hits a back flip off the top rope, But misses. Sheamus hits his back breaker. Rhodes is back in control as Ziggler gets to the ropes with the briefcase. Sheamus eventually plants Cody with the Brogue kick and gets the pin.

Ziggler slowly gets down and stares. Chris Jericho comes in from behind in a pink Ziggler shirt and throws Ziggler back in the ring and Sheamus beats him down! Jericho mocks Ziggler and nails him with the codebreaker. He rips off his shirt and mocks Ziggler as he is laying there.

Antonio Cesaro (w/ Aksana) vs. Santino Marella: Match starts of slow. Aksana distracts Santino. Cesaro works over Santino a bit, but Santino comes alive and hits his usual moves. Cesaro gets out the cobra. Santino is distracted again by Aksana but maintains control. He fails with the Cobra, and Cesaro picks up the win.

A clip of the DX – Damien Sandow angle from RAW is shown. Sandow is next.

Yoshi Tatsu vs. Damien Sandow: Match starts off quickly. Sandow quickly lays waste to Tatsu and gets the win.

Sandow starts talking after the match about last night to major boos. It’s so loud that we can’t even hear most of what he says. He finishes by saying he was “your martyr” and “you’re welcome.” He does a cartwheel and bows to the fans. Triple H comes out to the ring to a monster pop. Triple H says he got caught up in the moment on RAW and apologized for “humiliating” him. Triple H then hits the Pedigree and then does a DX chop over the fallen Sandow.

Backstage segment. AW and the Primetime Players interrupt a photo shoot with Rosa Mendes. AW takes the camera after jawing with the camera guy and starts taking pics of the Primetime Players.

A recap is shown of the Triple H – Paul Heyman – Stephanie McMahon – Brock Lesnar segment from RAW.

The four way match to determine the #1 contender is up next.

Fatal 4-Way – Rey Mysterio vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Kane vs. Daniel Bryan: All the participants go after each other and it goes outside the ring. ADR interrupts a 619 on Bryan. Lots of action. Kane looking solid and taking on Rey and Bryan. Double suplex by Kane. Kane still in control. Del Rio stops it. Del Rio and Bryan go at it. Bryan kicking Del Rio hard in the corner to tons of YES chants. Kane and Del Rio go back and forth. Kane and Bryan take it outside the ring. Bryan hits Kane over the barricade. Rey comes back in and is gaining steam against Del Rio. Bryan comes in to try and stop, but Rey get him up against the rope for the 619. Del Rio tries to stop him, but Rey hits him and sets him up right next to Bryan. Double 619 to a huge crowd pop. Rey up to the top rope and nails Bryan and goes for the pin, but Ricardo Rodriguez pulls him outside the ring. Del Rio snags the pin for the win and a huge amount of heat!

-PWMania

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I called Alberto being number one contender again. and HHH just fuck off already, stop burying Sandow. Ryback got a good challenger there. Antonio for next US Champion :yay: and :facepalm1: Let Rosa take the pics you cock blocks.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Del Rio again? :facepalm:

Miz retaining, OK. Ryback will maybe feud with Mahal... as long as he squashed him as soon as possible OK. Sheamus burying again, meh. Jericho and Ziggler continuing their feud, good. Cesaro should win the US title, it'd be nice, even more if he customized it somehow. Sandow getting heat... awesome. HHH burying him must've been off TV.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Link, Pretty sure the Triple H thing was off camera as it usually is. Hope Sandow got mic time on TV, and congrats on calling ADR.

Pretty standard Smackdown imo. Seems like a solid enough show, but nothing I'd really want to watch and definitely nothing that will captialize on the momentum Raw created. Booking was as simple as possible, and please get Rhodes and Ziggler as far away from the Big White Burying Machine as possible ffs.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd say it was a regular show. Continued feuds, Del Rio as contender, Cesaro maybe going for US title, but nothing that spectacular.

Y2J Enigma

The Artiste
Reaction score
I am just happy that Miz has one official, successful title defense. :yes:

Zach

Emma Watson ♥ ♥ ♥
Reaction score
Seems like another Smackdown that I will not bother to watch.

Snowman1

Reaction score
KevinLockard23 said:
Who didn't predict Del Rio becoming the #1 contender again?

They were clearly setting him up with a match against Rey, but guess that's out. They'll probably make it a triple threat, which could set up Rey pinning Alberto and Dolph cashing in on him.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Looks like a good episode match quality vise. Will watch it cause I like high match quality.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
This looks okay tbh. IC title segment opening which means more prestige. Miz winning cleanly is great. Jericho v Ziggler build looks awesome, loving that feud. Ignoring all bits of Sheamus. ADR being #1 contender again is just predictable and filler for Zigglers time.

Mainstream87

The Artiste
Reaction score
Good too see Cesaro win (needs to get pushed.) As for Del Rio...this isn't a shocker I guess, but I just want him to please get off my television.

Reactions: Asskicker

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I gave SD two chances and it doesn't look like their 3rd will come this week. I picture at least half the show being Raw recaps, and none of the rest of that sounds too great.