Smackdown Spoilers: August 17 (Summerslam Go-Home Show)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
A recap of last week and the beat down on Shemaeus by Alberto Del Rio opens SmackDown. Del Rio is out to start the show and is demanding that he get his championship match back at SummerSlam.

Booker T is out to confront Del Rio. Booker T says that a man does not dress goons up in cop suits and attack one man. Chris Jericho comes out and goes off on Del Rio and calls him a yapping dog. Jericho starts speaking Spanish and says that Del Rio’s breath smells like dog s–t in Spanish. Yes, he’s speaking in Spanish. Jericho says that he wants to take Del Rio’s spot at SummerSlam. The main event tonight is set, and it will be Jericho vs. Del Rio. I am assuming it’s for the World title shot at SummerSlam, but I’m confirming that.

Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara vs. The Miz and Cody Rhodes. Rey hits the 619 while Cody is trying to take of Sin Cara’s mask and gets the win after the top rop dive. After the match, Mysterio hit the Miz with a 619 after Miz tried to sneak attack him. Heck of a match, Rey and Sin Cara are amazing together.

Randy Orton vs. Daniel Bryan is announced for later tonight.

Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks beat two jobbers. Hawkins and Reks are doing some new stipper “Magic Mike” dance gimmick now.

William Regal is backstage telling Eve how powerful he was when he was the GM. Workers then came up to Regal and asked him to take the trash out.

Teddy long is out at the announce booth to commentate during the Divas match between Eve and Kaitlyn. Eve defeated Kaitlyn to become Booker T’s new assistant. Short, sloppy match.

Randy Orton defeated Daniel Bryan. Kane faked his entrance to distract Bryan, and Orton nailed him with an RKO to get the pin.

Daniel Bryan is staying in the ring with the mic screaming “No No!,” and says he won’t leave until the people stop chanting “YES!” Triple H comes out and pedigrees him. This likely won’t make the air.

It’s announced that WWE will return to Austin for a live event on January 11th. The pre-sale password is AUSCENA.

Santino comes out for color commentary. Antonio Cesaro defeated Zack Ryder in less than a minute. After the match, Santino hit Cesaro.

Alberto Del Rio vs. Chris Jericho is up next. Del Rio is out first. Jericho is coming out and is attacked by Ziggler, who screams to Jericho to not overlook him. The match has started, looks like Jericho is going to wrestle hurt.

After the match, Ziggler and Del Rio double team Jericho until Sheamus makes the save. Del Rio attacks Sheamus, but Sheamus makes a comeback and Del Rio escapes through the crowd. Booker T comes out to address the situation. Booker tells Sheamus that he should not be there. Sheamus demands that his rematch with Del Rio get re-instated. Booker originally says “no,” but Sheamus keeps pleading. After Sheamus said “please” like three times, Booker relented and said that the match is back on for SummerSlam.

After the cameras stopped rolling, Del Rio sneaks back up on Sheamus. Sheamus and Del Rio fight into the crowd and Sheamus gets the upper hand. Sheamus then stood victorious as Del Rio ran away again.

Yay Regal. Yay good PPV build (except for the Daniel Bryan match... again). Yay no intolerable wrestlers being in matches.

Show should be good, but... a fucking stripper gimmick?!

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
:hmm: my mom watched magic Mike. I'll give it a 6/10. Smackdown has once again outshined Raw from what I can read here.

Good points:
New Hawkins and Reks gimmick
slightly meaningful diva match
Daniel Bryan vs Randy Orton with at least some build up for his match against Kane
Some build up for Miz and Rey Rey
Build up for Ziggler vs Jericho
World Heavyweight championship match is up again
Jericho cussing in Spanish :haha:

Bad points:
RHODES AND CARA FEUD?!?!?!? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?! CARA IS GOING TO BOTCH AND FUCK UP HIS NECK!
Diva match obviously wasn't good
Zack Ryder squashed :facepalm1:
William Regal looked like a joke

Snowman1

Reaction score
I assume this is going to lead to some kind of angle involving Regal on Smackdown, or just a recurring role. Sounds good to me!

Snowman1

Reaction score
Hannah Heywood said:
Why do you hate the gimmick @[Rainman]? We women should have some, um, PLEASURE while watching SD!. <3

Hahaha. You have guys in underwear running around all the entire show! You get your eye candy already. ;)

It just seems pointless and unnecessary imo, and Magic Mike's pretty popular. Trying to use something popular as a source of heat just doesn't seem like a good idea.

I edited the OP as well since it's hardly the end of the world, it's an improvement over what they were doing and there's a chance it will work.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Bitter RAW was the way i end my wwe for 2 weeks now, cant wait to get this smackdown and the rest when im back. Go ADR at PPV.

Farooq

Reaction score
We'll get rid of Randy Orton for you can have your strippers. And why does Triple H have the need to bury everyone every week? I know it's off camera but it's fucking annoying just to know he keeps burying people behind camera :facepalm1:

Hannah Bee

PhilWres Babe
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Rainman said:
Hahaha. You have guys in underwear running around all the entire show! You get your eye candy already. ;)

It just seems pointless and unnecessary imo, and I don't think it'll work very well. Magic Mike's pretty popular, and trying to use something popular as a source of heat just doesn't seem like a good idea.

I edited the OP as well since it's hardly the end of the world, it's an improvement over what they were doing and there's a chance it will work.

Men in itty, bitty SPANDEX is not enough. We want Vince to #BanTowels, #BanUnderwear, and #BanGarmentsBelowTheWaist to his HAWT Superstars. ;))

Magic Mike's good, but only because of #ChanningsAss, not the story.

Give them the chance. I just want Reks to ditch the ugly hairdo.

Reactions: Snowman1

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Hannah Heywood said:
Men in itty, bitty SPANDEX is not enough. We want Vince to #BanTowels, #BanUnderwear, and #BanGarmentsBelowTheWaist to his HAWT Superstars. ;))

Magic Mike's good, but only because of #ChanningsAss, not the story.

Give them the chance. I just want Reks to ditch the ugly hairdo.

There's nothing itty bitty about Brodus Clay in spandex, that's for sure.

Hannah Bee

PhilWres Babe
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Farooq The GOAT of WWEForums said:
We'll get rid of Randy Orton for you can have your strippers. And why does Triple H have the need to bury everyone every week? I know it's off camera but it's F**cking annoying just to know he keeps burying people behind camera :facepalm1:

GUYS, GUYS, GUYS.

I'm not your "OH MY GAWD, JOHN CENA IS SO HOT RIGHT NOW" kind of fan. I may act that way sometimes, but it's FEMALE HORMONES KICKING IN. Can a girl ditch the wrestling and looks at their hotness even for a while?

I mean, you do it too guys, only with the Divas. Some may not be vocal about it, but I know almost everyone's guilty here.

Mike Mizanin said:
There's nothing itty bitty about Brodus Clay in spandex, that's for sure.

I said "HAWT Superstars", Mike. ;))

Farooq

Reaction score
/me was unaware that we even had women in WWE.

Farooq

Reaction score
/me doesn't watch WWE for sexual pleasure, that's my girlfriends job.