Smackdown Spoilers: August 16

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Lilian Garcia came out to a nice reaction. She was followed by Michael Cole, who received spattered boos and some applause, and JBL, who received a decent pop.

Smackdown started off with The Wyatt Family coming out to a big pop. A video recapped their feud with Kane, then Bray cut a promo while sitting in his chair in the center of the ring. Kane's pyro hit and he attacked from behind, but The Family eventually got the upper hand and left him lying.

1. Christian beat Damien Sandow. Christian won with a roll up. Christian speared him post match. Del Rio then ambushed Christian from behind, and said he'll never win the title again. He set up the cross armbreaker, but Christian reversed it and hit the Killswitch...

Renee Young interviewed Rob Van Dam backstage. Big Show and Mark Henry joined him. They team up versus The Shield tonight...

2. WWE Diva's Champion AJ Lee and Layla beat Kaitlyn and Natalya. AJ hit Kaitlyn with a running knee to the temple for the win...

Renee interviewed Ryback backstage. Ryback beat up some producer because he's a bully...

3. Rob Van Dam, Big Show, and Mark Henry defeated The Shield. Big Show caught Dean Ambrose with a KO punch and RVD followed up with a frog splash for the win.

4. The Miz beat Jack Swagger (w/Zeb Colter, Antonio Cesaro). The referee ejected Cesaro and Zeb from ringside. Miz rolled up Swagger from behind for the victory.

5. Intercontinental Champion Curtis Axel (w/Paul Heyman) beat Zack Ryder. Axel won with his neckbreaker finisher. Heyman delivered a post match promo.

6. Daniel Bryan beat Wade Barrett in a No DQ match. Mr. McMahon made a surprise appearance early in the match. Bryan had Barrett in the Yes! Lock, but Vince pulled the ref out of the ring before he could signal for the bell. Barrett got the upper hand, and Vince called down Brad Maddox in a ref shirt after Barrett hit the Bull Hammer, but Bryan kicked out. Vince then took the ref shirt off Mike Chioda, but Triple H came out. Bryan put Barrett through a table and hit a top rope headbutt. Hunter counted the pin for the win. Randy Orton came out and stared down Bryan from the ramp to end the show.

prowrestling.net

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Don't care for Aj or the divas.
lolRyback.
RVD and Big Show? Yawn.
Fuck Miz.
Curtis beats a jobber. Extreme.

I like the ending, everything else seems lame.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Seems like a fun episode.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Looks horrible. Opener looks good, but the rest looks absolutely boring. While RAW is on a roll with being awesome, SmackDown is definitely on a very consistent roll of being diabolically shit.

Nano

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Website
www.pheed.com
Looks fine, but the Big Show will need to change his character's name for the Boring Show. Van Dam's influence :pity:

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Why is Bryan still going on SD? Henry and Ryback stopped when they were feuding with Cena.

lol @ shield losing another six-man tag match

TKK

Reaction score
Is Orton's new thing to end every show just by standing on the ramp while holding up his briefcase? Derp.

Reactions: JC4Life37

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
The whole wording of the Ryback bit made me chuckle, I'm not going to lie.

Zack Ryder on TV? :shock:

Eh, sounds like yet another episode I won't be recording to watch later. None of those matches particularly interest me. The DB match sounds alright, but not enough to save the whole episode.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Seems like a decent episode, but why the hell are they jobbing the Shield out to RVD, Show and Henry?

Although imagine if Show and Henry team up to become 'THE WORLD'S STRONGEST TAG TEAM'.

'BENT ON DESTRUCTION!' 'THAT'S WHAT WE DO!'

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
- Opening seems good.
- Sounds ok I guess,not too fond on Christian continuing to go over on Del Rio.
- AJ sucks,so does Kaitlyn. I'd rather see Layla and Natty go one on one.
- Sounds horrible. Shield have gone so down hill,it's sad. I hope they break up soon.
- Miz and Swagger? No thanks.
- Axel hasn't done crap since the Heyman/Punk/Lesnar feud. Is he even booked for SummerSlam?
- Sounds overbooked.

This week's Smackdown seems pretty bad,I'll give it a skim though.