Smackdown Rating: June 8

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Friday's WWE Smackdown television show drew a 1.73 rating, up from the 1.70 mark the show hit the week before. Smackdown averaged 2.48 million, which was actually down from the 2.557 million viewers who watched the week before.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I don't even remember what happened on the show, but the rating is predictable, almost the same as the previous week.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Leo C said:
I don't even remember what happened on the show, but the rating is predictable, almost the same as the previous week.

Sheamus vs Kane, Dolph vs Christian, and bullshit squashes

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I'd like to see a segment breakdown of this. They do that for Smackdown as well right?

Snowman1

Reaction score
Stopspot said:
I'd like to see a segment breakdown of this. They do that for Smackdown as well right?

I don't think so, or at least haven't seen one.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I did notice lots of squashes on the show... not good. Kane vs Sheamus was missing someone who can carry a match, Christian vs Ziggler was good.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Leo C said:
I did notice lots of squashes on the show... not good. Kane vs Sheamus was missing someone who can carry a match, Christian vs Ziggler was good.

Christian and Ziggler seemed to be holding back, but they sure as hell put on a good show. Sheamus and Kane was just... I didn't care. We've seen plenty of Kane matches against big men over the years, and they're all the same. Sheamus can't possibly be any more stale right now.

As for the squash matches:
Khali vs Del Rio: 3:29
Clay vs Bateman: 1:09
Sin Cara vs Mcintyre: 3:16
Ryback vs Jobbers: 1:46
Cesaro vs Uso: 0:59
Christian vs Dolph 10:47
Sheamus vs Kane 13:42

Hence the hate for Smackdown right now.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Five squashes and two true matches on one show? And one of the true matches was bad? I remember it now. They need to start putting the "squashers" in storylines to make them mean something, promote the talents and have a more entertaining show.