Smackdown Rating 6/1: It Still Sucks.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Friday's WWE Smackdown drew a 1.7 rating, down from a 1.84 rating the week before. The show averaged 2.557 million viewers.

So apparently a WWE Championship Match doesn't draw anymore.
:pity:

All 3 shows sucked in the ratings this week.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I would've loved for TNA to get a high rating like 1.3 (for example) and for SD to get that 1.7. Then things could get interesting. Bad rating, but I tought the show was OK this week.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
Is there anywhere where i can see a list of the ratings for all of the past shows? I want to see how the ratings changed each week

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Sure, SD sucks and all... But why do people care about ratings? It's not like you work for wrestling companies and should be worried for your job or something...

Reactions: Saylor

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
JoeRulz said:
Sure, SD sucks and all... But why do people care about ratings? It's not like you work for wrestling companies and should be worried for your job or something...

Well said.

I thought the show was decent, to be honest.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
JoeRulz said:

Because they're the only source of optimism for WWE fans.

The Raw rating last week was interesting because it could have been the spark that would get WWE UnCreative off their collective asses so they would actually write a show. We hope Impact can catch Smackdown so they have some semblance of competition.

But this company is clearly a lost cause.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
JoeRulz said:

I don't think anyone here legitimately worries and losing sleep over it. It's nice to follow it. If I'm pissed off at how bad RAW is yet it draws 400k fans in, then maybe my perception on the show is too negative. If I'm pissed off at RAW and it loses 400k fans and dips into mid 2's then yeah, RAW's product is currently sucky.

It's just nice to analyse and discuss why and how ratings are decreasing or increasing. That's all. Also, as Rain said, if RAW's ratings are fucksucking then we can look forward to a better product in the near future.

Reactions: Matt

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I wonder how Smackdown's ratings will do now that it's live and on Mondays.

Reactions: Crayo and Matt

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I too was a SmackDown kid-mark when I was young, but it's diabolical now. Perhaps if they just got rid of Sheamful, Show and Orton permanently and have actual story-lines it can be revived.