Smackdown Moving to Tuesday Update

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
Triple H did an interview with The Miami Herald promoting "Inside Out" and was asked about Smackdown going live on Tuesdays after the good number that they did for the 8/30 special. He said, "I’m sure if you ask Syfy, they would say, 'Yes'. I think that’s certainly on the board. The beautiful thing about WWE is we truly are a fluid product, because we're live, and we can do it from just about anywhere. We can moves things around and switch things around, and it's what makes us such a valuable partner to people and networks like USA and Syfy. If USA or somebody needs a number to help them get over the hump in the ratings war, we can do a special and put them over the top. We can do a Tuesday live show and give somebody a kick. We can do all these different things, and that’s a very valuable commodity. I'm sure they're looking, as well as everybody else is looking, to use that commodity in the best possible way they can."

It sounds very promising that WWE may do more of these specials. I think that WWE should seriously consider moving to Tuesday permanently because they never wanted to be on Friday to begin with and were only moved there by a network that was trying to kill the show. I don't see them going to Thursdays so a live Tuesday show or a taped Wednesday would be a good idea. As long as they aren't against the NFL or NBA they should be okay.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Live Smackdown!

I'd seriously love it and I'd watch by stream of course but having Smackdown on a Tuesday is great. I'd be wanting it to happen regardless if NBA/NFL was on...

With WWE bringing the WWE Network, they'd need to learn how to deal with various sports that could out-boost them in ratings.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The reason I mentioned NFL/NBA because the RAW rating was only 2.72 this week and that was because they went against the NFL which drew massive numbers. It would make sense if WWE tried to miss these conflicts to ensure they have the biggest audience possible.

If they moved Smackdown to Live on Tuesday then I really think that it can actually catch RAW in the ratings.