SmackDown being moved back to Friday?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I read that starting in 2019, SmackDown will be on FOX. That is all fine and dandy but is this a rumor that they will move back to Friday night or is it legit? I can't seem to find anything on it other than opinions.

If it is true, they will be better off. The move to Tuesday hurt them big time.

BeardsOfWarjStylesXL

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
wcwguy.wix.com
I read that starting in 2019, SmackDown will be on FOX. That is all fine and dandy but is this a rumor that they will move back to Friday night or is it legit? I can't seem to find anything on it other than opinions.

If it is true, they will be better off. The move to Tuesday hurt them big time.

With Fox. Friday's which is good for the brands to have some 'space' between them like relationships sometimes space is required, or in WWE's case a marriage that needs distance to remain close without being close at all. Tuesdays and Monday's were suffocation for the two brands back to back plus the "NXT" fans are worn out by Wednesday nights so therefore this is a solid announcement the only problem is that's a year to wait for that to happen...

Redboy123@

Reaction score
As long as it says live. If Smackdown goes back to being taped, then a lot pof people will not watch. But if FOX are paying 2 billion for the show, you would expect WWE to change it's schedule and do a live show on Friday. Friday night Smackdown has a better vibe.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
From the several sources I have read, Smackdown moving to Friday was part of the contract, but nothing has been confirmed 100, just yet. The real question is though will 205 be moved to on Friday as well since they are filmed back to back. Though in all fairness I kind of liked it being on Tuesday because I would have Raw on Monday, Smackdown/205 on Tuesday, NXT on Wednesday, IMPACT on Thursday, and NJPW on AXS TV on Friday, but if that changes then I will run into some problems.

Reactions: Snowman1

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
As long as it says live. If Smackdown goes back to being taped, then a lot pof people will not watch. But if FOX are paying 2 billion for the show, you would expect WWE to change it's schedule and do a live show on Friday. Friday night Smackdown has a better vibe.

Being on a Friday night too is better for fans. I never liked the taping aspect of it.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Hey if it's on Friday I may just get back into it again.

Being on 2 separate networks might also be good for the shows as it could add a bit of a competitive factor maybe.

Just please wwe.... Do not add a 3rd hour

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
LESS IS MORE! LESS IS MORE! LESS IS MORE!

Why don't they get that? I loved it back in the day when PPVs happened 4 to 6 times a year and the shows were shorter. Increasing SmackDown to 3 hours will lose viewers.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
I know, right. Now they have long ass ppv every month. In all honesty, aside from mania, I probably only caught a very small handful of ppv over the past year. It's just too much sometimes and if honestly much rather watch guys legitimately fight... that's what they're trying to mock anyways. Storylines are bland anymore. If they had more compelling storylines I might get back into it somewhat.

Make both shows 2 hours and do one 3 hour ppv a month.
And as for less is more, I've said that about their presentation aswell. Dress down the stage a bit. It's too bright and flashy. Go old school. Back to the late 90s or even the sets in the early 2000s. Something along those lines.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I hope they move it back to Fridays. Liked it better there than on Tuesdays.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Would mean the shows are more spread out with Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. It'd be easier as a fan and I am guessing for anyone that is on both shows (backstage people, etc).

BeardsOfWarjStylesXL

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
wcwguy.wix.com
Friday's are the best night for wrestling just move raw there too and make
sure we have a toilet nearby so when the crap hits the fan we can flush it

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Alone here, but. I'm not bothered by the taped show (and doubt it will affect ratings much). Just Paramount to keep quality up but you know

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Alone here, but. I'm not bothered by the taped show (and doubt it will affect ratings much). Just Paramount to keep quality up but you know
2018 dude. Nobody watches sport unless its live.