Smackdown 9/26/14 results

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Smackdown1.png

WWE taped the September 26, 2014 Smackdown episode from the Verizon Arena in Little Rock, Arkansas.
Here are the Smackdown spoilers:​

Dark Matches

* Tyler Breeze defeated a local wrestler.

* NXT Champion Adrian Neville defeated Sami Zayn with Red Arrow.

SmackDown

* The Miz kicks off SmackDown and wants a fight with Dean Ambrose. Miz says he isn’t leaving until he gets the fight. Ambrose comes out and accepts the challenge.

* Dean Ambrose defeated The Miz with Dirty Deeds. Kane and Seth Rollins tried to provide interference during the match. After the match, they attacked Ambrose. Ambrose ran through the crowd and stole Rollins’ Money In the Bank briefcase.

* Stardust and Goldust cut a promo on the big screen about not losing to The Usos tonight.

* A battle royal to crown a new #1 contender to the Intercontinental Title is next. Participants were Bo Dallas, Jack Swagger, Los Matadores, Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Damien Sandow, Xavier Woods, Kofi Kingston, Heath Slater, Titus O’Neil, Big E, Justin Gabriel and Sin Cara. The match came down to Bo, Swagger, Kofi and Cesaro. Cesaro eliminates Kofi and Swagger at the same time to win.

* The Usos vs. Stardust and Goldust is next. The Usos win by disqualification when Jimmy Uso goes to put Stardust away but Goldust nails him with the belt. This was said to be a good match. Stardust and Goldust retain.

* Backstage segment with Kane and Seth Rollins. Rollins wants to take action on Ambrose for taking his briefcase.

* Layla and Summer Rae defeated Natalya and Rosa Mendes. This was said to be a bad match with several botches.

* Big Show talks to Renee Young backstage and promises to knock Rusev out tonight.

* Cesaro vs. Dolph Ziggler for the Intercontinental Title is next. Ziggler retained the title off a roll up but it was clear that Cesaro had the ropes. Cesaro got screwed.

* Renee Young interviews Rusev and Lana.

* Big Show defeated Rusev by disqualification. Show chokeslammed Rusev and went for the knockout punch but Lana distracted him. Rusev nailed Show with the Russian flag for the DQ. Show recovered and knocked Rusev out with the punch to end SmackDown.

Source: PWMania

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Anyone else think that the HIAC match between Rollins and Ambrose might end up being for the briefcase?

Cesaro/Ziggler feud sounds interesting.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Seems like a decent show at best.

Possible heel turn for Ziggler? Two dirty pins in a row. Fine by me, though... As long as Cesaro comes out on top with this feud.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Decent show. I was hoping for the Cesaro and Sheamus rivalry to continue, but I can live with Ziggler vs Cesaro. I also don't support Ambrose vs Rollins being over the briefcase. Yes, Ambrose wants to thwart Rollins' repeated attempts at cashing in, but that's somewhat different from wanting the briefcase all to himself. I like the idea of the feud being based around Ambrose wanting to destroy Rollins and make his life a living hell rather than just wanting the quick and easy shot at the title that the briefcase would grant him. I think with TLC coming up at the end of the year, they should save any match where the briefcase is on the line for there (I'm still predicting TLC this year to be headlined by Cena vs Rollins for the briefcase, ala Cena vs Ziggler for the case in 2012.)

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Decent show. I was hoping for the Cesaro and Sheamus rivalry to continue, but I can live with Ziggler vs Cesaro. I also don't support Ambrose vs Rollins being over the briefcase. Yes, Ambrose wants to thwart Rollins' repeated attempts at cashing in, but that's somewhat different from wanting the briefcase all to himself. I like the idea of the feud being based around Ambrose wanting to destroy Rollins and make his life a living hell rather than just wanting the quick and easy shot at the title that the briefcase would grant him. I think with TLC coming up at the end of the year, they should save any match where the briefcase is on the line for there (I'm still predicting TLC this year to be headlined by Cena vs Rollins for the briefcase, ala Cena vs Ziggler for the case in 2012.)

So, where do you think Ambrose's stealing of the briefcase will take their story-line? The only direction I can think of is that he tells Rollins if he wants it back then they fight for it.. winner takes the briefcase.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
So, where do you think Ambrose's stealing of the briefcase will take their story-line? The only direction I can think of is that he tells Rollins if he wants it back then they fight for it.. winner takes the briefcase.

Possibly. It could go a number of ways, or it could just end up leading nowhere since it was already established a few weeks prior to Summerslam that even if Ambrose were to destroy the contract inside the briefcase, they could just easily provide Rollins with a new one. Or in yet another instance of forsaking continuity because it isn't convenient for the current storyline, they could chose to ignore that last part and have Ambrose coerce Rollins into fighting him inside the Hell In A Cell by threatening to destroy his briefcase and the contract along with it if he doesn't comply.

Reactions: Just Kevin

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Show seems like it'll be alright, definitely interested in a Cesaro/Ziggler program going down for a PPV, I feel like the two may be able to work very well together.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
So would Rusev still technically be 'undefeated' since it was a DQ? Seems sucky to break the streak he had on a Smackdown