Smackdown 7/18/14 results

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
FiuNBp0.jpg

WWE taped the July 18, 2014 WWE SmackDown episode from the Crown Coliseum in Fayetteville, North Carolina. Here are WWE SmackDown spoilers:​

SmackDown

* SmackDown kicks off with Dean Ambrose in the ring. He’s pissed off and talks about Randy Orton, Kane and Seth Rollins beating him down on RAW. Ambrose wants revenge tonight.

* Alberto Del Rio defeated Kofi Kingston.

* Alicia Fox vs. Eva Marie with Nikki Bella as special referee ends in a no contest when they both attack Nikki.

* Chris Jericho comes out and cuts a promo on The Wyatt Family. Jericho vs. Luke Harper is next. This was said to be a great back and forth match. Harper nailed a big powerbomb at one point but Jericho kicked out. Jericho put Harper in the Walls of Jericho but Erick Rowan interfered and then Bray Wyatt interfered. The Usos ran out to make the save.

* Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter come out to a nice reception for an in-ring segment. They’re interrupted by Lana and Rusev for another anti-American promo.

* Dolph Ziggler and Sheamus vs. Fandango and The Miz is next. Ziggler and Sheamus get the win after a solid tag team match.

* Dean Ambrose vs. Kane is the main event. It ends when Seth Rollins attacks Ambrose. Kane brings in steel steps and chokeslams Ambrose. Rollins hits a stomp on top of the steps.

Dark Match Segment

* Roman Reigns comes out to save Ambrose, then the Wyatt Family comes out to attack them all. Enter the Usos to a big pop, then Chris Jericho. The faces then all hit their finishes on the heels to send the crowd home happy.

Source: PWMania

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
ADR has been on a rip lately. He's been truly aggressive in the ring lately.
Six man tag Monday: Jericho and Usos vs Wyatt's (Very Predicatable)
Main Event ends in no contest. I wouldn't pay money to see that.

Every segment outside the main event or Alicia Fox seemed like great efforts from the talents.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Eva getting more screen time? Not sure about that for ratings, but I don't mind watching her. :fap:

And Ziggler gets a win! Albeit with a notoriously hated superstar on this forum lol.

I am kind of getting tired of matches ending due to interference. Not a week goes by that it doesn't happen at least once on RAW and Smackdown. Its getting REALLY old. I guess the WWE writers have a hard time coming up with anything else that would add to feuds. Too bad........

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Eva getting more screen time? Not sure about that for ratings, but I don't mind watching her. :fap:

They should have demoted her to NXT as soon as Total Divas stopped airing this season. It's all good and well that her 'real life' drama interests people on TD, but that's not exactly going provide anything even close to a decent match for her.

Butters!

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
They should have demoted her to NXT as soon as Total Divas stopped airing this season. It's all good and well that her 'real life' drama interests people on TD, but that's not exactly going provide anything even close to a decent match for her.
Leave the talented NXT diva's roster alone. Eva is too worthless for that.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Leave the talented NXT diva's roster alone. Eva is too worthless for that.

I can't see them wanting to just send her down to work in the performance center and that alone. At least if she's in NXT she can develop and WWE can still exploit the fact she's in TD.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
She'll be occupied when the new season of TD comes out guys lol

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Eva Marie is just getting exposure. They signed her for a buzz, I don't she's the next Moolah.
Yeah, the interference in the matches is insulting.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Also nice to see the Swagger face turn I predicted would happen. I loved the way he caught Rusev's kick into the ankle lock on RAW. Good stuff. Hopefully the feud will be a good one.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Agreed. I'm looking forward to Swagger not being future endeavored i.e having a successful face run.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score

And Ziggler gets a win! Albeit with a notoriously hated superstar on this forum lol.

I am kind of getting tired of matches ending due to interference. Not a week goes by that it doesn't happen at least once on RAW and Smackdown. Its getting REALLY old. I guess the WWE writers have a hard time coming up with anything else that would add to feuds. Too bad........
I'd bet my life Sheamus wins with a brogue kick and it's just used to get the crowd to pop for Sheamus. Please tell me i'm wrong.

natasha18

Jobber
Reaction score
Not the biggest fan of Eva but I don't think she is the worst either. I don't mind watching her especially since I know as soon as TD comes out again she will be back on the backburner. Of course they are going to shamelessly promote her. She makes them money. As soon as the rating for TD drop so will she.