Smackdown 6/20/14 results

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
FiuNBp0.jpg

WWE taped the June 20, 2014 WWE SmackDown episode from the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio.
Here are the SmackDown spoilers:​

Dark Match

Los Matadores defeated Heath Slater and Damien Sandow

WWE SmackDown

* John Cena kicks off SmackDown. He’s interrupted by Alberto Del Rio, then Sheamus, then Cesaro, then Roman Reigns and finally Randy Orton. Reigns brawls with Orton up the ramp while Cena and Sheamus clear the ring of Cesaro and Del Rio.

* Seth Rollins defeated Kofi Kingston. Rollins came out wearing new ring gear.

* Dolph Ziggler defeated Bad News Barrett in a non-title match.

* Adam Rose defeated Titus O’Neil. Titus demanded that the match be re-started and Rose rolled him up again for the pin.

* Kane defeated Dean Ambrose. Seth Rollins was on commentary. During the match, Ambrose attacked Rollins at the announce table. Ambrose came back in the ring and got chokeslammed for the pin. After the match, Rollins came in and hit the curb stomp on Ambrose.

* Big E squashed Jack Swagger. Zeb Colter’s pre-match promo was longer than the match itself.

* Bo Dallas vs. Fandango is next. A brawl breaks out between Summer Rae and Layla during the match, leading to Layla accidentally kicking Fandango and Bo getting the win. After the match, Bo gave a pep talk to Fandango.

* Bray Wyatt cuts a promo backstage about winning the WWE World Heavyweight Title at Money In the Bank.

* Sheamus, Roman Reigns and John Cena defeated Bray Wyatt, Randy Orton, Alberto Del Rio and Cesaro. The whole match was built around Reigns getting the hot tag. Reigns pinned Del Rio for the win.

Source: PWMania

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
DZ will be out of the company soon. This win means jack shit.

King Jobber for life.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Looks like Ziggler and Barrett will be for the Intercontinental Title at the PPV, then. I'm all for a Ziggler win, but I wish they would find a more clever way of having someone earn a title shot than just jobbing the champion out like they've done a million times. It's not hard.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Looks like Ziggler and Barrett will be for the Intercontinental Title at the PPV, then. I'm all for a Ziggler win, but I wish they would find a more clever way of having someone earn a title shot than just jobbing the champion out like they've done a million times. It's not hard.

They've actually not be doing it much recently, thankfully.

That's Barrett's third clean loss in the space of a few weeks which makes me think his semi-push is dead. It was reported that Vince was behind him but that seems to be over.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I actually don't think that Barrett's push is dead. Tradition is that the IC champ is king of the upper midcard, but gets beaten by the main eventers. His losses have been to Ambrose and Reigns, main event talent so I'm not too worried.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Heath and Damien tagging in the Dark Match.. yeah please don't make that a real thing.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
More clever.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
So did anyone see Ambrose's new entrance? Reigns came down in typical Shield fashion, but not Ambrose. Jeans and a wife beater for the lunatic fringe. I see Ambrose costing Rollins the ladder match and then a feud between the two

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Yeah, Ambrose is most likely gonna screw Rollins the ladder match.

Somehow, I've got this feeling that Cesaro is gonna grab the MITB Contract match even though he won't be an 'official' participant!