SmackDown 5/26/16 [Results]

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
proxy.php

WWE taped the May 26th, 2016 SmackDown episode from Norfolk, Virginia.
Here are full WWE SmackDown spoilers.
SmackDown

– The show opens with Michael Cole standing in the ring with the Money in the Bank briefcase. He brings out Dean Ambrose, who talked about destroying Chris Jericho at the Extreme Rules PPV. This led to Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn and Alberto Del Rio walking out. Each Superstar claimed that they would win the MITB match. This led to a brawl between the four stars.

– MITB Qualifying Match: Alberto Del Rio defeated Zack Ryder with an armbar.

– Big Cass and Enzo Amore cut a promo on The Dudley Boyz in the ring. The Dudleys walked out and the two teams exchange promos. Cass challenged them to a match but The Dudleys turned him them.

– Rusev did a backstage promo and vowed that he would retain his US Title against Kalisto.

– United States Title Match: Rusev retained over Kalisto with The Accolade. Post-match, Rusev beat down Kalisto until Titus O’Neil hits the ring to make the save for Kalisto. O’Neil challenges Rusev for the title but Rusev turns him down.

– Singles Match: Natalya vs. Dana Brooke ends in a no contest when Charlotte ran in and attacked Natalya. She put Natalya in the Sharpshooter.

– AJ Styles is interviewed backstage and was asked what’s next for him. Styles says he doesn’t know and walked away.

– Tag Team Match: Fandango and Tyler Breeze defeated R-Truth and Goldust with a roll up.

– Seth Rollins cuts a promo in the ring about being away from WWE and asks if fans missed him. Rollins told them that he didn’t miss them and then walked to the back.

– Intercontinental Title Match: Miz © defeated Cesaro with the Skull Crushing Finale. Post-match, Miz and Maryse stood tall in the ring to close the show.

Source: WrestlingNews

• Haha
Reactions: Red Rain

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
For those interested, the full episode's on WWE's YT channel.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Good show.

The opening segment was a'ight, ADR vs Ryder was rock solid, RuRu destroying Kalisto was good, loved Enzo and Cass, Breezango/Golden Truth was an OK filler and The Miz vs Cesaro was a pretty good ME.

Overall, it was an easy show to watch.

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
As usual, I only read the results (apparently that's about to change soon enough) and may actually watch the show later on but based on what went down, it appears that I may be right regarding the Rusev situation; I think I'm probably one of the few that insisted Rusev won't just be a transitional champion, only to be fed to John Cena.

Now, I said it on Tuesday and I'll say it again. I totally understand how several folks have put the pieces together, with Rusev taking the belt off Kalisto only to keep it warm for John Cena to come back, challenge for it and win it on Memorial Day, dedicating it to the troops, God Bless America and blah blah, however I urge you once again to think a little harder and look at the bigger picture.

I mean, what difference will it make for Cena? He's fucking John Cena as it is so it's not like he needs the US belt right now, nor is it like there aren't any other programmes availalbe that he get involved with. For one, they could easily give him the final slot in the MITB match; there's an idea off the top of my head.

On the other hand, you can't say that such a scenario would make no difference for Rusev. On the contrary, If they simply feed him to Cena, they pretty much kill him and that would be the end of it. Who would take Rusev seriously again and what would it take then for Rusev to be taken seriously at all down the road? There's too much potential with this guy for WWE to be that stupid, trying to rebuild him, have him look so dominant (those Accolades on Kalisto looked so sick and beast) only to throw it all away a couple of weeks later.

Going back to Smackdown yesterday, even though it was initially rejected from the champ, I think WWE pretty much gave away Rusev's next opponent in Titus O'Neal and I wouldn't be surprised if it even happened as soon as Monday on RAW. The way I see it, that's the right way to go. Keep Rusev looking strong, have him destroy Titus on Monday or whenever, have him destroy a few more opponents down the road (eventually giving him more credible opponents as this goes on) and then, say within the next couple of months, only then do you think about having him lose to someone. In other words, I'd have him go unbeated for at least till Summerslam, if not longer...