SmackDown 5/21/15 Results

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
SmackDown results for this week's tapings from Norfolk, Virginia:

* Roman Reigns kicks off SmackDown with a promo about Payback. Reigns gets a massive ovation when he comes out. He talks about losing at Payback and says he briefly had fun with The Shield again. Reigns says he's entering Money In the Bank. Dean Ambrose interrupts and talks about MITB and says he's going to defeat Seth Rollins at Elimination Chamber. Kane comes out and says The Authority always wins in the end. Kane says Reigns won't be in MITB because he lost at Payback and WrestleMania. Kane announces Ambrose vs. Bray Wyatt for tonight and gives Reigns the night off.

* Cesaro and Tyson Kidd vs. Los Matadores vs. The Ascension vs. The Lucha Dragons is next. The New Day and The Prime Time Players were on commentary. Sin Cara and Kalisto get the win with a sick top rope move on one of the Matadores. This was said to be an excellent opening match.

* Dolph Ziggler is backstage with Renee Young. Lana appears with Ziggler and they flirt with each other.

* Dolph Ziggler defeated King Barrett in another really good match. Lana looks on and cheers for Ziggler after the match.

* Paige comes out to a huge pop and talks about how this is her house and how she is still #1 contender for the Divas Title. Naomi comes out with Tamina Snuka to talk trash. They jump Paige and out comes Nikki Bella for the save.

* We get a creepy promo from Bray Wyatt.

* R-Truth defeated Stardust.

* Ryback talks to Renee Young backstage about how he will win the Intercontinental Title at Elimination Chamber.

* The Meta Powers defeated Adam Rose and Heath Slater.

* Renee interviews Bo Dallas but he gets the "what?" treatment.

* Dean Ambrose vs. Bray Wyatt is next. J&J Security do the run-in and Seth Rollins is out next. Roman Reigns comes out for the save and Ambrose ends up getting the win with Dirty Deeds. This was said to be an excellent back and forth match. SmackDown ends with Ambrose staring down Rollins from the ramp.

Source

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Ryback in the IC match I like it, I think he's got a good shot..

Lana w/ Ziggler that's TV Gold IMO, Rusev vs Ziggler should be nice.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Ryback in the IC match I like it, I think he's got a good shot..

Lana w/ Ziggler that's TV Gold IMO, Rusev vs Ziggler should be nice.

It wouldn't surprise me if it came down to Sheamo and Ryback as the last two men standing.
But I think Sheamo's winning that thing, nevertheless.

I hope Rusev goes away after this feud with DZ and comes back repackaged...

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if it came down to Sheamo and Ryback as the last two men standing.
But I think Sheamo's winning that thing, nevertheless.

I hope Rusev goes away after this feud with DZ and comes back repackaged...

Having DZ beat Rusev would be the nail in the coffin IMO.. Rusev has no spectrum of how his character could go, this Bulgarian Brute was the only thing he had going for him.. He made his nut in the WWE now let him find other work.

the way the WWE has used Dolph since damn near two years ago is very strange.. jobber to somewhat main event, to jobber to mid card light to a random feud with Rusev?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Having DZ beat Rusev would be the nail in the coffin IMO.. Rusev has no spectrum of how his character could go, this Bulgarian Brute was the only thing he had going for him.. He made his nut in the WWE now let him find other work.

the way the WWE has used Dolph since damn near two years ago is very strange.. jobber to somewhat main event, to jobber to mid card light to a random feud with Rusev?

Spot on. Couldn't agree more.

Yea, the booking of DZ has been mind-boggling for quite some time.

The optimist in me would like to think something like 'The Summer of Ziggler' might be brewing... And I couldn't think of a better way than having him win MITB.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Who are the Meta Powers? This looks just horrible.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Who are the Meta Powers?

rsz_maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
They are trying the Axel stuff again? Just what we need, more jobber teams. Fuck it, at least it'll be entertaining.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This episode was... Ehh, underwhelming.

Positives:
- Lucha Dragons vs Los Matadores vs The Ascension vs K-FACT & 2Swiss was a good match! The finish was sick. Kalisto is just amazing! This 4 corners tag team match was highlight of the night.
- Ambrose vs Wyatt was solid.

Negatives:
- Everything else.