SmackDown 4/21/16 [Results]

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
proxy.php

WWE taped the April 21st, 2016 SmackDown episode from the O2 Arena in London, England.
Here are full WWE SmackDown spoilers.​
WWE SmackDown

* WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz and Maryse kick off SmackDown with MizTV in the ring. We see Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson attacking Roman Reigns on RAW. Guest AJ Styles comes out and says he had nothing to do with it. This leads to Styles vs. Miz being announced for tonight

* Also taking place will be Dean Ambrose and Sami Zayn vs. Chris Jericho and Kevin Owens

* Ryback defeated WWE United States Champion Kalisto in a non-title match

* Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin never happens as Corbin beats Ziggler down outside of the ring and hits End of Days

* AJ Styles defeated The Miz in a good match. Miz tried to leave at one point but Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson stopped him. This led to AJ getting the win. AJ had a staredown with Gallows and Anderson after the match

* The Miz remains in the ring for a dark segment. He wants his loss investigated and he’s not happy about how he’s being treated. Shane McMahon interrupts to a huge pop. Miz demands that Shane put him at the top of his list and starts poking him around. Shane fires back, beats Miz up and sends him flying from the ring

* Backstage segment with Gallows and Anderson. They say they’re just making an impact, not joining up with Styles. They will debut against The Usos on RAW

* Paige and Natalya defeated Tamina Snuka and Naomi with double Sharpshooters. Paige got a huge pop

* R-Truth defeated Fandango with Goldust as special referee. They danced after the match

* Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady come out for promos in the ring. The Vaudevillains interrupt from the stage and they have words about their tournament finals match at Payback. All four were said to be very good here

* A video for Primo and Epico aired

* Shane announces via video that Corbin vs. Ziggler and Styles vs. Alberto Del Rio will take place after the tapings as dark matches

* Chris Jericho and Kevin Owens defeated Sami Zayn and Dean Ambrose in the main event, said to be a very good match

Source: PWMania

Last edited:

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Watched it all live (thanks Russia). Was a good show

Rampaiger

Jobber
Reaction score
Was there live, kinda sucked, best part was Shane bit I read that it was only a dark segment so it won't be on the TV tapping. Only booked tickets for Taker, who they stated would be there, they progressively took him out of the live events whilst simultaneously saying he would be at Smackdown. Then after Raw they changed the show description to not have him in there, we were all royally pissed off. Show seemed flat tbh, maybe because my last event was TakeOver and that was breathtaking

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Solid to good wrestling + angle advancement = a good show. Thank you, SD. What a good week of wrestling we've had.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Solid to good wrestling + angle advancement = a good show. Thank you, SD. What a good week of wrestling we've had.
I'm not sure if that's all that makes a good show, at least not for my standards. I want to see something different, a good and unique environment. Something SmackDown has been lacking for the last 2-3 years. The overproduction, repetition in matches and angles etc. etc.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I'm not sure if that's all that makes a good show, at least not for my standards. I want to see something different, a good and unique environment. Something SmackDown has been lacking for the last 2-3 years. The overproduction, repetition in matches and angles etc. etc.

This is SmackDown we're talking about. It hasn't been good in years and usually when I decide to watch the full episode, I don't expect a good show.

I just hope it doesn't end up being a total snoozefest.

So, this was a pleasant surprise. If/when the brand split happens, this show is going to be much better.

Reactions: Roadster

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
This is SmackDown we're talking about. It hasn't been good in years and usually when I decide to watch the full episode, I don't expect a good show.

I just hope it doesn't end up being a total snoozefest.

So, this was a pleasant surprise. If/when the brand split happens, this show is going to be much better.
WTF?

Smackdown has been WWE's best show for 4 months now. It hasn't even been close between it, Raw and NXT

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
There is an odd cycle with how the fans regard Smackdown where Smackdown will suck because it's Smackdown. It's been enjoyable for a while, commentary is really good also.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
SmackDown seems to really be improving, if only they get rid of the canned crowd reactions.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I suppose we should be grateful Vince hasn't replaced the audience with CGI. Look at them on their feet for Roman dammit.