Smackdown 21/3/14 Review

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Will try and review every raw and SD leading up to Mania.

The show opens with Kane showing the video of Triple H's and Stephanie's trap for Daniel Bryan and the show ending beat down from last Monday's Raw. After which Kane said that what happened to Bryan was "what's best for business". He then read a letter from Triple H which ordered talent and the fans to respect the Authority from now on.

Fernando pinned Fandando following outside antics involving El Torito, Diego and Summer Rae in a quick match. Up till the silly finish the match was okay.

Dolph Ziggler defeated Damian Sandow in decent effort which should have lasted longer.

A number one contenders Fatal Fourway tag match ended in a no contest after Kane and the New Age Outlaws came in and destroyed the Shield.

At the start of a Miz TV segment the host added his name to The Andre the Giant Battle Royal at Wrestlemania. When The Miz attempted to ambush his guest the Big Show the segment ended with a number of the battle royal's entrants giving us a preview of what might happen at Wrestlemania. In the end Big Show was left standing after choke slamming Miz over the top rope.

Alberto Del Rio beat Big E in another rushed match.

The Bellas went over Natalyn and Summer Rae in a poor ladies match.

As reward for their part in the Shield's ambush both The Real Americans and Ryback and Curtis Axel were granted tag title shots by Kane, meanwhile 3MB were simply added to TATGMBR for their efforts.

John Cena pinned Luke Harper in a standard Cena brawl.

Best Match: Four Corners Tag match.

Best Segment: Kane and the Outlaw's attack on the Shield although the Miz TV one was also quite fun.

Verdict: Pretty good show, with some good hype for the battle royal, and only really one bad match, but a couple of matches should have been given longer.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I think you're underrating that Harper/Cena match. It was better than the tag in my opinion.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I think you're underrating that Harper/Cena match. It was better than the tag in my opinion.

Like most matches on the night I thought it was rushed, and I don't think Harper was allowed to get enough in. Not sure there was a great match overall, just a lot of decent stuff.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Think Cena/Harper was a pretty decent tv match, but I agree it should've gotten atleast ten muinutes. Cena must be saving himself for Raws and Mania.